Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweetpea and Willow -- dire service

Options
  • 07-09-2009 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi,

On the 23rd of January this year I purchased a number of chairs, a table and a bedside table from a UK company called Sweetpea and Willow. We were told after we placed the order that it would be 10 to 12 weeks before all the items would be delivered. We were ok with this and waited. After the 12 weeks we had heard nothing and contacted the company. They told us that the tables and only two chairs were available and it would be another 10 to 12 weeks before the remaining chairs were delivered. We were assured this was an exception and that we would have our chairs after that time. Based on the assurance we asked for what they had already to be delivered and received that.

Well, no surprise, after the second 12 weeks past we had yet again not heard from the so called After Sales branch of this company and yet again had to get in touch with them. Despite talking to a person there they had no idea of the status of the delivery and offered to call me back. The next day I heard nothing and emailed them. After another day I called again and was told that they were still following up and would let me know. Yet again, no word from them and it was left for me to chase. It dragged out for a few weeks and eventually I was told all my chairs were in and would be delivered the following week.

The next week the delivery driver arrived and informed me he only had two more chairs and that "someone" forgot to put the other 4 chairs that were outstanding on the truck. He informed me that they would deliver the remaining 4 chairs on Thursday just gone by. However, on Thursday no one arrived and yet again I was left to call the company to find out the status of my delivery. Despite my obvious anger and disappointment I was just told the delivery would now be coming on the Friday.

Well, the next day, the delivery driver arrived and informed me he only had 2 of the 4 chairs. He told me that he knew since the Tuesday that there would only be 2 chairs coming and informed me that the rest will be coming late this week. When I phoned the company they said they were sorry and just told us that it would be next week. I asked for the Managing Directory/Supervisor to call me but to date they have been to frightened to do so.

Despite our complaining and chasing the company has continued to ignore us and only respond with a simple "Sorry" whenever we complain.

This treatment is ridiculous and I am wondering if anyone knows of any rights I may have as a consumer -- am I entitled to some money back, a voucher, anything?

I see from various websites that my consumer rights say that I am entitled to a full refund if the purchases are not delivered within 30 days or within the time frame agreed upon purchase. Given I am three times over the agreed upon time, am I entitled to my money back???

Just as a note, if anyone out there is thinking of getting anything from Sweetpea and Willow, then dont. Save yourself the hassle and your money.

Thanks for your help,

Toddyl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

shop locally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JonnyLeP

I am sorry to hear you have had problems with a Sweetpea & Willow order. It does sound like you had a bad experience and my sympathies are with you.

Having said that, I would like to point out that I have had many dealings with this company over a two year period, and I would describe your experience as being the opposite of what I have experienced.

When I saw your posting, I actually decided to ask Sweetpea & Willow about this particular incident as I order from them regularly. They told me that there had indeed been an unfortunate problem with this order, and that they had held up their hands to apologise. They said that a full refund had been offered, and that your delivery charge was refunded despite multiple deliveries being made. Since your problem, they assure me they have put in place better mechanisms to try to prevent these rare occurrences in the future. They tell me that this was the only incident of its kind in the last 3,000 orders. "

So I guess in summary, I just wanted to point this out. This is basically a very good company with great pricing. You have clearly had a bad experience and that is unfortunate, but I thought it important to point out that this is by no means a typical scenario.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

JonnyLeP wrote: »

When I saw your posting, I actually decided to ask Sweetpea & Willow about this particular incident as I order from them regularly. They told me that there had indeed been an unfortunate problem with this order, and that they had held up their hands to apologise. They said that a full refund had been offered, and that your delivery charge was refunded despite multiple deliveries being made. Since your problem, they assure me they have put in place better mechanisms to try to prevent these rare occurrences in the future. They tell me that this was the only incident of its kind in the last 3,000 orders. "

So hang on there, your a customer of this company and when you saw the OP's post you asked the company about this customers dealings?

They then informed you about everything that happened, in my view this is extremely dodgy!

So either the company are idiots for disclosing another customers dealing with an unauthorised third party OR you work for the company and your foolish enough to post all the above details.

Whichever it is I personally would never deal with a company that would give out details pertaining to my orders to an unauthorised third party, in addition to this if they are this stupid god knows what they might do with my payment method.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

That's some terrible shilling right there. Are companies just getting lazy or what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

This is dodgy customer service 101 , I agree.

A proper customer focused company signs up, identifies themselves and grovels for their ineptitude instead of pretending to be some class of a dealer for themselves .

I make it fifth and sixth place, just above their poxy twitter and facebook social media ****e . No wonder they chanced their arms :D

Yo , Sweetpea and Willow YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND SOCIAL NETWORKING . Next time you try a stupid stunt like this then consult with an expert like Sponge Bob FIRST .

Too late now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Guys if you are going to come on and defend your company have the guts to say who you are .

You have just made up my mind that would never go near you.

Another potential customer lost..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Jonnys daily To-Do List

1) Go to work
    2) Grab a coffee.
    3) Log onto PC
    4) Google "Sweetpea & Willow" + bad + service
    5) Respond to all results pretending to be a satisfied customer
    6) Grab another coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OK posters, I think we can ignore JonnyLeP - let's focus instead on helping the OP.

OP - are you based in Ireland (republic)? S&W are based in the UK right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 caboyfield

On 15th August 2010, I ordered 2 Nordic grey wardrobes from Sweetpea & Willow and was told that there would be an 8-10 weeks delivery on this item. I was happy to wait. My account was debited with £1227 on 17th August, each wardrobe costing £570, the remaining £87 I assumed to be for delivery. In the middle of October, having heard nothing from the company, I contacted their customer services department and was told that there had been a delay on the order and that I should now expect these in mid-November. Having not heard anything by mid-November, I contacted the customer service department again and was told that they would deal with this as a matter of urgency and get back to me with a satisfactory answer. Not surprisingly, I had to contact them again, and this time was told that the company manufacturing the wardrobes would have these ready by the end of November and that as a gesture of good will they would wave the delivery charge. I contacted the company again at the end of November with an ultimatum, wanting a guaranteed delivery by the end of November or my money back. I was told that the wardrobes had just arrived and they were going through the quality control department. Unfortunately, I was told that having arrived on Wednesday, the wardrobes had missed the weekly delivery company's pick up day of Tuesday and that I would have to wait until the following Tuesday and that the delivery company would then contact me within 1 or 2 weeks to arrange delivery. I received a text from the delivery company about a week later, to let me know that they would deliver on Sunday. On Sunday morning, the delivery company turned up as promised on time, but with just 1 wardrobe! The delivery note also said 1 Nordic Grey wardrobe. I have contacted Sweetpea & Willow by email today (Sunday) and anticipate having to chase them up again tomorrow. This time I have asked for a guaranteed delivery of my wardrobe within 10 days or my money back. If I have no satisfaction, I have told them I will be contacting BBC Watchdog. I would be interested to hear whether you have now received your furniture, and if not, please add a post to let me know if you would also like to take this further.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I am now stuck with a vision of cute little fairies (Moth and Peasblossom et al) delivering furniture. Bad decision to deal with a firm with a name like that :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement