Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Okay people, 2010 L.c. poet you'd most like to go get a drink with?

Options
  • 07-09-2009 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Gotta be Walcott.... Your opinons?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Michael Longley FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MarcusTheCarcus

Please, Walcott's just a big black hero hanging out on a beach somewhere drinking Sangria out of pineapples and having casual sex... What a hero!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Lawliet wrote: »
    Michael Longley FTW!

My friend met him when he (As in the friend) won a short story competition, apparently he's a really nice guy, cant imagine Walcott being too pleasant tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

Paddy Kavanagh. Id give him a smack .

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

WB Yeats hands down.

Only one I would have any interest in meeting and he would be very interesting! Patriot and occultist, a winning combination.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Would have to be Yeats for me aswell, havn't sudied Walcott yet but he looks pretty cool in his picture for some reason:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

RexMundi wrote: »
    WB Yeats hands down.

Only one I would have any interest in meeting and he would be very interesting! Patriot and occultist, a winning combination.

Yeats was never a people person. Preferred to stay away from Sligo people cept the aristocracy at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

tbh none of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pinkfoot

The only two poets I remember studying during 5th year, were Patrick Kavanagh & Adrienne Rich...

Partaaaay.

Daragh101 wrote: »
    tbh none of them!

Why none of them:confused:

Have you studied every poet, and came to the conclusion that you don't like any of their charchters?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭answer me

Can anyone help me on the poem Shancoduff?

1.How would you desribe Kavagnah's relationship with Shancoduff?
    How might this poem be seen as 'a love poem to a place?:eek:

In the answer you have to use Statemnt,Explaination and Quote

If you can't find the poem just type in Shancoduff and the poem would come up

Reillyman wrote: »
    Why none of them:confused:

Have you studied every poet, and came to the conclusion that you don't like any of their charchters?

Charchters?.....what that.?

well, yes ive studied every poet that has been mentioned there!
    Im not saying i dont like any of their characters/personality, just that i dont want to go for a "drink" with every person i thought had a good character!...
    Anyway what would you say to him.......? "Fcuk you for making us do poetry in school"?:p

I could think of better people to go for a drink with:rolleyes::D

poetry/poets.........meh..

Well it's not exactly their fault we have to study them. And have ye really finished all the poets?:eek:

Well it's not exactly their fault we have to study them. And have ye really finished all the poets?:eek:

i was joking!:p
    well the ones that are talked about here!...

Sure we could take them out for a night of cans at the tree, John P's Taxi into town, and then hop the wall at mantra! They could even write a poem about it:D

Sure we could take them out for a night of cans at the tree, John P's Taxi into town, and then hop the wall at mantra! They could even write a poem about it:D

indeed thats what would happen no doubt!....
    cant wait to go out saturday nite.....the homework is breaking my balls....:(..shur its the year thats in it!:D

Aww defo man, gonna be ordering beer by the bucketload, **** sake, its only tuesday night and we're already looking forward to it!:D

Aww defo man, gonna be ordering beer by the bucketload, **** sake, its only tuesday night and we're already looking forward to it!:D

Its all we have!!:(:o:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Yeats cos then I'd have brought him back to life. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 doug.irl.92

I don't really know.........I do know however who I wouldn't like to have a drink with........ Cathal O' Searcaigh!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Probably Eavan Boland! Although isint she ancient now...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

Patrick Kavanagh-o'course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Pinksocks

Defo Rich :DD

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭sean0

Adrienne Rich, i'd let her buy me a drink and clean my house :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 paperheart

Adrienne Rich of course, although i was reading her overview and it turns out she's a lesbian, i hope she doesn't get handsy when she's drunk. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I've only done three so far but it had to be T.S Eliot to ask him what his poetry is about ? It's so confusing :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

sean0 wrote: »
    Adrienne Rich, i'd let her buy me a drink and clean my house :D

"Make me a sammich dammit!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 CosmicLove

TS Eliot defo.
    I'd say he would have been a laugh in the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Derek Walcott. Go drinking then go looking for birds. Coz that man knows what he's doing.

Durtbag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DakotaDreaming

Last I heard Walcott was planning on setting up his own rip off version of the playboy mansion on a Carribean beach with Kavanagh and a few of the lads.

Advertisement