Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Okay people, 2010 L.c. poet you'd most like to go get a drink with?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Aw out with Kavanagh,Walcott and Rich imagine that. Kavanagh and Walcott ripping the p1ss outta her!! Kavanagh was just a teenage dirtbag baby...and he robbed a post office!! What's not to love?!! All of Rich's poetry is lesbian propaganda..women as equals!! Wouldn't happen in shancoduff!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 R0siE

I like this Q!
    Hmm I think Yeats, I'm very patriotic and I'd say he'd be a good conversationalist...a good drunk too!It would have to be whiskey with him I think...
    Although I wouldn't mind a drink with Walcott either...I'm not doing him but I read his bio and he seems cool!Defo malibu with pineapple or coke with him....every time my friend drinks malibu he says its like reading a Walcott poem anyway!
    =]

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MarcusTheCarcus

Here's how I break it down:
    Boland: Your mate from dundrum's ma. Lots of fun
    Eliot: Egotistical depressing and snobby. No thanks
    Kavanagh: The architypal self important culchie. God no
    Keats: Probably a very nice guy, but not exactly a manly man....
    Longley: Boring. Average guy, average poet. meh
    Rich: Shrill. Annoying. Make me a damn sammich
    Walcott: Not really a good person, but radiates sun, sand sex and cool
    Yeats: Fun, but just a shade mad.....

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsokay

Aw out with Kavanagh,Walcott and Rich imagine that. Kavanagh and Walcott ripping the p1ss outta her!! Kavanagh was just a teenage dirtbag baby...and he robbed a post office!! What's not to love?!! All of Rich's poetry is lesbian propaganda..women as equals!! Wouldn't happen in shancoduff!!

i didnt no kavanagh robbed a post office?? wud hav 2 be walcott and rich. watching walcott trying to charm rich wud be hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭laura93

Kavanagh or Rich, definitely :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭NightOwl91

Eliot!
    lol it wud be interesting to see if he actually asks "theeee" question :L:L
    or Rich!
    shes very interesting.

If it was Kavanagh, id box him lol he made me cry :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

Probably Rich... so i can verbally abuse her personally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 yellowbutterfly

Not Kavanagh - creepy stalker dude who follows women half his age to Kerry according to the back of my poetry book.
    Keat's would probably be far too depressed to come.....

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

itsokay wrote: »
    i didnt no kavanagh robbed a post office?? wud hav 2 be walcott and rich. watching walcott trying to charm rich wud be hilarious

Yeah he robbed one when he was in the IRA,it's all in the poetry book. I liked Kavanagh's poetry...Rich was such a complainer,she complained about everything!!! Husband alive-Not happy, Husband dead-Not happy, And what was the deal with her staring at beatles and imaging a beatle city, that woman had issues. Original point, pub with walcott and kavanagh..Disco with yeats, he'd score all 'round him.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

hmm eavan boland so i can kill her :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement