Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80's (retro) clothes shop?

Options
  • 07-09-2009 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭

Going to a fancy dress gig with a 1980's theme at the weekend. Any shop around town I get some clothes to suit.

Miami Vice/Magnum PI/Arthur Scargill etc etc.... ideas welcome, but need help in making the siggestion come true by letting me know where to get the stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Try TK Maxx if they're still open, they often have some hideous retro looking stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭A Doozer

From what I've seen walking around in Dublin the 80's look is back. Any shop would prob do you. Dunno if it's reached Sligo yet.

Why oh why did I ever throw out my visors and flourescent stockings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

A Doozer wrote: »
    Dunno if it's reached Sligo yet.

LOL:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

A Doozer wrote: »
    From what I've seen walking around in Dublin the 80's look is back. Any shop would prob do you. Dunno if it's reached Sligo yet.
    No its still there. In certain parts it never left. ;):(

Anyway I would just have a root around the Charity shops, Enable Ireland in Wine Street Car part, Sligo Social Services on harmony Hill and Oxfam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

tuppence wrote: »
    No its still there. In certain parts it never left. ;):(

Never Left?? In some places it is still yet to get there from the 1st time round!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

A too small suit from a charity shop, pushed up sleeves, rolled up trouser legs, no socks, plimsoles, Frankie Goes to Hollywood type t-shirt, sunglasses on head and a mullet.

OR... think Dexy's Midnight Runners. Dungarees and mullet.

Either way, you've got to source a mullet wig. Claires Accessories (aka Hell On Earth) in Johnsons Court do a nice line in Hannah Montana wigs which could probably be fashioned into a mullet.

Advertisement