Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The ploughing Championships

• 07-09-2009 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

well whos going?? looking forward to it myself as with all this bad wheather would put you into depression, hopfully it will be nice and dry for it:D:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

We're planning on going down but it will be weather dependant... Not doing the whole mud-fest thing again... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Hopefully going if the mate will come along, be a long trip up from West Connemara :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Suckler

I'm travelling a couple of thousand miles and taking unpaid leave to go to it! Its my annual pilgrimage! something like 12th year in a row now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭fastrac

Im going this year.It will be interesting to see the changes the collapse in prices and credit will bring to the event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

got a couple of complimentary tickets, hoping to go for 2 days & the rest of the team will decide between themselves

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Suckler wrote: »
    I'm travelling a couple of thousand miles and taking unpaid leave to go to it! Its my annual pilgrimage! something like 12th year in a row now!

so how are things in leitrim :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭fig mclough

fastrac wrote: »
    Im going this year.It will be interesting to see the changes the collapse in prices and credit will bring to the event.

yes it will be, theres nothing more i love than anoying sales men :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Suckler

irish_bob wrote: »
    so how are things in leitrim :D

Now thats a dirty dig!

I'll have you know I'm leaving sunny skies, sandy beaches and 40 degree weather, all for the ploughin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Suckler wrote: »
    Now thats a dirty dig!

I'll have you know I'm leaving sunny skies, sandy beaches and 40 degree weather, all for the ploughin!

you miss the soil

There seems to be no attractions this year like The JCB dancing diggers etc. I wonder will the Foreign property tent be there?Are the banks giving out tickets this year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

did anyone hear about a being able to get a train to athy and a bus colection from there to field, heard there was an add in journal but didnt see it myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

did anyone hear about a being able to get a train to athy and a bus colection from there to field, heard there was an add in journal but didnt see it myself

www.npa.ie

Its all there !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 corkie5

Anyone find any complimentary tickets, planning on heading with the father in law and the 2 kids, should be a good day out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 levallat

Don't think I'll make it back in time, have to load mustangs at Luxembourg airport on Tues night :(

Most of the Tractor Manufacturers have pulled out and only have a few models on dealer stands.Its turning in to a car boot sale.Hope the weather holds .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

If someone has a journal around could ya let me know where the wexoman and condell engineering feedall stands are please?

feedall 481 p

Left Dublin city centre at 7:00 was parked up on site by 8:30
    Some classy bits of kit such as the Magnum 335 and the Black Fendt 936.
    Usual suspects on the stands took us a good 5 hours to cover all of them.

Some nice bits of vintage kit:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/shanedan/Ploughing?authkey=Gv1sRgCMiP_7nl-qKivAE#
    Loved the snoopy first chance to get close up to one.

Was a nice day for it too managed to get burned a bit but overall worth it

Left the site at 3:30 and was back in Dublin at 5:00
    Traffic flowed freely in both directions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

That 936 is some piece of kit

Looks class alright,
    Still prefer the Magnum, looks better on stand I thought

• Advertisement

yea the fendt, massy and valtra stands where well set up with plenty on display, taught meself the john deere stand was poor!!!

also the new holland combine is some sight!

Some combine alright
    Serious piece of kit
    Did anyone else think the crowd was a bit smaller than other opening days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 oss

To anyone that was there today, I'm headin down on thur and wonderin will there be need for the wellies or will boots do the job?

Site was bone dry.
    Had boots on but would have got away with runners
    Watch the weather tomorrow if it rains would aim for wellies
    Or you could always throw em in the boot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Mr. Pseudonym

I thought the traffic management was superb (well it was for the blue route anyway!) , fair play to the Gardai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I will be there tomorrow, I guess there will be a fair share of canvassing going on from both sides. :p

I will be there tomorrow, I guess there will be a fair share of canvassing going on from both sides. :p

Plenty of yes/no none the wiser of it still
    Lots of kids around jamming vote yes leaflets into hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

You approached from Dublin.... did you park in the Orange park?? Did you use the Park'N'Ride option ??
    We're planning on Thursday morning...

nope like an eejit I ended up on the M9 cause i used to heading home to Kilkenny.
    Came out to the end of motorway at Kilcullen then about 20 Kms to site to purple carpark and ten minute walk to site then.
    Bear in mind I left early and had time to make a mistake and traffic was still light at that stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Most of the long distance car parks weren't needed. I was an exhibitor so got right in to park by site. Left at 5 and drove straight out and all the way to Motorway without a stop. Bizarrely quiet compared to last year (45 minutes to get out of car park). Traffic plan is very god. Some roads one way in the mornings.

By the way some one died of a heart attack there this morning. Some poor old fella, very overweight. His wife was there too,

Mr Cowen there today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

was there yesterday it was jammers - traffic control was very good - but we had a buggy so i am probably the one ye where all cursing at while walking round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭The Gish

ankles wrote: »
    Most of the long distance car parks weren't needed. I was an exhibitor so got right in to park by site. Left at 5 and drove straight out and all the way to Motorway without a stop. Bizarrely quiet compared to last year (45 minutes to get out of car park). Traffic plan is very god. Some roads one way in the mornings.

By the way some one died of a heart attack there this morning. Some poor old fella, very overweight. His wife was there too,

The man was single. His friend was with him. The Order of Malta and the event safety guy did a great job dispite the fact that egits kept on crowding the area where the man fell. The Order Of Malta and the event safety guy had to shout at people to move back. Words like "Get the F*** Back" were shouted after people refused to move when asked nicely.
    The O of M lady from Birr did a great job, giving CPR for at least 20 minutes. A nurse and a doctor were also in attendance and did what they could but alas to no avail. I think the man has passed away before he hit the ground.
    I also hear that the safety budget was cut this year dispite the cost for the stand and the admission remained the same....???? Raises questions..

Advertisement