Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yes or No

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

http://www.politics.ie/media/100211-boards-ie-pro-yes-bias.html

this lot say we are not allowed to have an opinion here unless it's one way...It's not like that here....is it?:eek:

As long as you follow the forum charter, I don't mind which way you vote. However, this forum is for discussing politics, not politics.ie.

Could try Feedback, though.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Scofflaw wrote: »
    As long as you follow the forum charter, I don't mind which way you vote. However, this forum is for discussing politics, not politics.ie.
    That.

We're anti-idiocy and that's pretty much the ethos as short as anyone can put it.

As moderators, we don't have a political agenda to grind, we preserve honest discussion in a reasonable manner and we're not owned by any political interest either and we're especially not associated with nor owned by any grouping with an interest in driving a particular result to the Lisbon treaty vote, past or present. Some people don't like the fact that the forum is tightly moderated (as it always has been) to preserve that reasonable discussion between people where truth is paramount and deceit is stamped on. That's fine, there are other places on the Internet for them to peddle their points of view in whatever manner is deemed acceptable in those places. As long as people discuss their views in a reasoned non-abusive manner, absent of blatant lies, with our moderator hats on none of us care which side of this or any discussion anyone is on.

Oh and I haven't offered a view on the Treaty at any point. That's deliberate. Obviously I have one. Because I've read it and I understand it. I'm fervently anti-idiocy. That's to keep this place as a zone where people like all of us can have reasoned political discussion on a variety of matters without being shouted down by people with more time than sense. Obviously moderators have their own views on things but it doesn't colour how they moderate the threads or posts. There are those who think it isn't so but put bluntly, they're the people who break the rules and then think they're being oppressed because of their views.

I'm not discussing politics.ie - that's a site owned by someone else and they can do what they want there. If they have a Feedback or Help Desk section there, than that's a good place to discuss it. Hence, Scofflaw has closed the thread - this isn't the place.

As for here, it's open to all views as long as they're backed up. That's always been the case and always will be. If anyone needs any clarification on that, feel free to start a thread in the Help Desk (if you've got a complaint), Feedback (if you want a reasoned discussion) or by sending me a PM. But anyone who thinks there's a particular view (on any topic) being pushed here in moderation doesn't know anything about the way we do business. With regard to our anti-idiocy ethos, as I've said before, we can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. The anti-idiocy is non-negotiable. And while you might not have thought about it, that's the feature that keeps people who are interested in discussing rather than peddling coming back. That's the contract we have with you guys. Safer than a bank, particularly lately.

/end semi-soliloquy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement