Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC park and ride

Options
  • 07-09-2009 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me where the Pouladuff UCC park and ride is? Presumably its on Pouladuff Road, but where exactly?
    Also, is the UCC park and ride at Pres. Brothers sports grounds, Dennehy's cross, the one right at the cross (according to Google maps)?
    Thanks for any help, going to a graduation on Wednesday, but I am an expert at getting lost in Cork :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Pouladuff P+R is at the very Southern end of Pouladuff Road, on the right hand side shortly before the small roundabout leading to the South Ring (if coming from the city). Dennehy's Cross P+R is about 100 metres on the left before the cross itself if coming from UCC side.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Here be a map:
    parknridetext.jpg

Don't waste your time with Dennehy's Cross. You can only get a space there before 8am...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

When I started in UCC I found it hard to find the UCC pouladuff park and ride even though know the city so hopefully these directions along with bill-e's map will make it easy for you. This car park fills up quickly as well - probably by 8.20? in the morning.

the map is correct but just to warn people if your coming from the tunnel you need to
    1. take the AIRPORT/South Link exit getting into the left/middle lane at the entrance to the roundabout,
    2. go straight through the roundabout but instead of re-joining the main road dive into the left hand lane and take the togher exit BE CAREFUL, it's very close to the exit from the roundabout under the flyover and the people coming down from the airport merge into this lane between the roundabout and the togher exit, all in less than 500 metres.
    3. Roundabout painted on the road as soon as you turn a corner coming off the slip road, go straight through.
    4. At the next roundabout take the 3rd exit, over the flyover.
    5. Straight through the next roundabout - 2nd exit - and it's immediately on your left.

For those coming from the Wilton roundabout direction you've it a lot easier, take the next exit slip road after the wilton roundabout and at the top you merge with the traffic coming across the roundabout, just follow step 5 above.

For those coming from the Airport hill, take the turn to the left at the bottom of the hill at the first set of lights, then your merging with traffic staying in your lane and follow the directions from step 3
    Bill-e wrote: »
    Here be a map:
    parknridetext.jpg

Don't waste your time with Dennehy's Cross. You can only get a space there before 8am...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Thank you for your replies. If those places are full by 8.30 though, can anyone suggest a better place to park for a graduation ceremony at 3.30. We hope to be there by 1pm and one person has relatively limited walking ability, which is why I was thinking of the park and ride.
    Any help would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

There's a car park behind UCC on college road which is a pay by the hour type thing. There may also be spaces just past that place on up left where you might find a space and use a parking disk for an hour or 2. Is it a small graduation or what? like if it's Arts or something where there'll me millions of people around you may be better with the P&R but it it's a smaller class of people then you'll have no problem with the parking behind the college.

• Advertisement
Advertisement