Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ff7 Voice Over mod

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Lol thats ****ing awful. The acting is dreadful :) I'll never give out about another square enix voice over again. If they are going to do it properly they need better acting and they need to take some liberties with the script since it's so badly translated and hackneyed. They are all way too jolly for midgar and the put on accents are terrible.

I've seen better acting in this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISXiFJS9D5A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I agree terrible acting, but i think its only an example. As the forum shows posts for voice casting, so im assuming its a work in progress and they will get better voices.

Either way ill never use it as i prefer to read than listen to annoying american voices :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

nix wrote: »
    Either way ill never use it as i prefer to read than listen to annoying american voices :)
    So true. This is why I prefer Japanese or British voice overs. American accents? Eww*.

*In general.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think the problem is that the voices are going to mates of the dev team or the dev team themselves with the person shouting 'I wanna be sephiroth' the loudest getting the role when they really should be holding auditions. If they get 3 or 4 people good enough to use an array of voices they can get most of the NPC dialogue done without have to resort to using seperate actors. I do amateur dramatics and could do this way better. And yes, the american voices are awful. I loved Dragon Quest VIII because of the british voice cast and hope Square Enix use that contractor again in their work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

since Final fantasy introduced voice acting in FFX my interest seriously waned in the series... 6,7,8,9 Awesome, the rest i think were great games, but the crappy voice acting annoyed me.. 12 not too much, but 10... jaysis, don't get me started on the voice acting in that

• Advertisement

That reported post lordlame made me chuckle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

i was reading the comments people are making and think this is a favourite:

"This is ****ing awful will all of you please surgically remove your larynx"

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That reported post lordlame made me chuckle :)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I actually though FF10 has pretty good voice acting particularly, Kamari (sp?), Seymour and especially Auron. Even whiny Tidus grew on me.

noodler wrote: »
    I actually though FF10 has pretty good voice acting particularly, Kamari (sp?), Seymour and especially Auron. Even whiny Tidus grew on me.

Seriously though I thought the voice acting wasn't bad in FFX. Thought the entire cast was rather good other than tidus. The above scene is really just the result of piss poor writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Seriously though I thought the voice acting wasn't bad in FFX. Thought the entire cast was rather good other than tidus. The above scene is really just the result of piss poor writing.

Look at Tidus, he's a surfer dude. How does that voice not suit him? Translation in that scene may have gotten a bit lost. What i did like though was that scene focused on Tidus and Yuna's relationship and not to push to the next event. You dont see that in many games.

carbonkid wrote: »
    Look at Tidus, he's a surfer dude. How does that voice not suit him? Translation in that scene may have gotten a bit lost. What i did like though was that scene focused on Tidus and Yuna's relationship and not to push to the next event. You dont see that in many games.

He sounded like a wimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Oh, how the laughing scene made me cringe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 The_Hat

Ah, I'd be more embarrassed by Cloud in Advent Children than the laughing scene. At least the laughing scene is funny, even if its unintentional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Advertisement