Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vibram Five Fingers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jpc28

Hi Folks,

I picked up a pair on Friday just gone in Runways Parnell st. (€110)

Jamie

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭d-sher

Hi guys,

Just incase anyone in the South east is looking for a pair, I just found a place in Waterford that sells them.
    http://www.waterfordpersonaltrainer.ie/VibramFiveFingers.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Got myself a pair there the day before yesterday, happy foot company on liffey st, slightly cheaper than runways and they have them in black :)

Very happy with them

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

As far as I know Wheelworx in Fonthill are now stocking Vibram 5 fingers, although they are not on their website yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

can you use them for wall climbing or mountains

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 barefoot.ie

Vibram FiveFingers are perfect for wall climbing and bouldering, helping to increase your toe strength. When climbing outdoors they provide super grip and dexterity however your toes tire quickly. Given how tight you feet are in climbing shoes, Vibram FiveFingers are a delight on the walk back to the car.

Cheers

barefoot.ie team

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

I see really oh my god I want to buy loads now.

But you would say that you work for them.

I thought you can't advertise on boards I mean your user name is the website name.
    Vibram FiveFingers are perfect for wall climbing and bouldering, helping to increase your toe strength. When climbing outdoors they provide super grip and dexterity however your toes tire quickly. Given how tight you feet are in climbing shoes, Vibram FiveFingers are a delight on the walk back to the car.

Cheers

barefoot.ie team

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I know people who hike in them so they're good for that. However for rock-climbing you better off getting rock-climbing shoes. They'll focus your toes correctly onto smaller holds which will improve your core strength, give you better edging ability, better heal, toe and arch hooking ability, plus the rubber is designed to stick to rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭clubcard

Got a pair at amphibian king and just started to do my warm up in them(10-15mins)
    taking me a while to adapt to them and the biggest problem is actually getting them on my feet.My little toe must be a funny shape as it never fits in properly,anyone else find them difficult to get on your feet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

clubcard wrote: »
    anyone else find them difficult to get on your feet?

Not really, took a bit of pratice but quicker to get on than lace up hiking boots. I put them flat on the floor with the heel folded over, wiggle my foot forward with my toes splayed, then use the hook to pull the heel on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Things between my toes, AAAARRRRRGHHHH! I can't even wear flipflops. :eek:

Advertisement