Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warcraft 3 help

Options
  • 07-09-2009 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

Here lads can anyone help me.Every time i go into warcraft,the screen as 2 black blocks on both the right and left..kinda like a wind screen movie but instead of being on the top and bottom its on the sides..

When i take a screenshot,it only take a photo of the game and not the blank parts..Im using windows 7 and any help would be much appreciated..its the only game i play on the pc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Sounds like its in windowed mode

Have you tried..when in the actual warcraft screen...to press ALT+Enter

Should make it full screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Are you running it in compatibility mode? If not you should be.

Make a shortcut to the game exe on your desktop, right click it, select windows xp (different modes work depending on the game and what OS it was coded for) and run as an admin as well.

Warcraft 3 runs perfect for me on vista so should do fine on windows 7 as its a similar platform from what I've heard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

It worked perfectly when i had vista installed,just now playing it with the big black blocks is really annoying:mad:

any other ideas..tried both of them and it didnt work

Could be the resolution aint compatible with the screen you're using. Few things you can try.

Go into your registry and find:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III\Video

Edit:
    reswidth = xxxx
    resheight = yyyy

xxxx and yyyy are your resolutions (eg 1280 x 768) set it to the native resolution on your desktop.

This may leave an odd aspect ratio although.

Are you using a widescreen monitor by any chance? what resolution is your desktop set to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Could be the resolution aint compatible with the screen you're using. Few things you can try.

Go into your registry and find:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III\Video

Edit:
    reswidth = xxxx
    resheight = yyyy

xxxx and yyyy are your resolutions (eg 1280 x 768) set it to the native resolution on your desktop.

This may leave an odd aspect ratio although.

Are you using a widescreen monitor by any chance? what resolution is your desktop set to?

yep found that on a website..it worked..thanks

• Advertisement

grand no bother

Advertisement