Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birds C&C

• 08-09-2009 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

New series of birds of prey I've been working on:

2009-08-05-eagles-flying-5346-b-lj.jpg

2009-08-05-eagles-flying-5394-b-lj.jpg

2009-08-05-eagles-flying-5434-b-lj.jpg

There's also Griffon Vulture, Falcon, Young Eagle Owl and Golden Eagle

All were taken on an afternoon at the raptor centre in Sligo.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

These are excellent Albert. I especially like the Griffon Vulture. Can't really give a C&C. If I could nitpic anything, It would be to see some shots with looser crops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Thanks oshead, the tight crops are intentional - some were cropped down from wider originals. Some will disagree, I know, but I think close-ups make for better pics in these cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Nebezpeci Mys

Absolutely love the owl! (I hope it is an owl) :o)

Absolutely love the owl! (I hope it is an owl) :o)

Thanks, yes the first one is an Eagle Owl. Another of the ones in the series is an Eagle Owl, except it a younger one not yet fully developed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

there brilliant!

I've been waiting to get up to that center for a long time :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Feel like heading back there too. Nice set of shots.

Albert
    I think you will have started a glut of predator bird shots for this forum. I'm going up there next Monday. Can't wait. I'll be pleased if my shots are any way near as good as yours. :pac:

oshead wrote: »
    Albert
    I think you will have started a glut of predator bird shots for this forum. I'm going up there next Monday. Can't wait. I'll be pleased if my shots are any way near as good as yours. :pac:

I know someone else already posted photos from the centre before on this forum, but it was quite a while ago, I don't remember who it was. Enjoy the show, it's really good! and see if you can manage to get a decent shot of any in flight - I couldn't :)

Well I hope the light stays soft and overcast much what you had. Hopefully not too dark to catch them in flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

alb wrote: »
    I know someone else already posted photos from the centre before on this forum, but it was quite a while ago, I don't remember who it was. Enjoy the show, it's really good! and see if you can manage to get a decent shot of any in flight - I couldn't :)

Possibly me, I raved about it for a while after going there. ;)

6ADE29E8A68B44C3B709023272E0C680.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement