Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In The Well: fonpokno

• 08-09-2009 12:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭

Following on from this thread, it is time for our next brave volunteer to face the questions. She has a CuLT following, it's fonpokno!

*applause*

For those of you who are unsure of how this works, please read the thread I linked to above.

A few rules:

1. Keep questions limited to fashion/appearance issues
    2. No personal questions
    3. No discussion of the answers. Questions only and only fonpokno answers them.

If you want to add your name to the list you can do so in the thread linked to above.

I will leave this thread open for a week or so.

My first question for fonpokno: What is your fall-back outfit for a night out? (I'm tired and my questioning skills are absent. :D)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

janeybabe wrote: »
    She has a CuLT following, it's fonpokno!

Lol! Brilliant!
    My first question for fonpokno: What is your fall-back outfit for a night out? (I'm tired and my questioning skills are absent. :D)

I have a dress that my friend bought for me secretly while I was in a changing room trying it on that I always end up wearing. It's a lovely simple jersey dress that's purple and pink and multicoloured basically and I wear that with little green ballet pumps or my silver heels.

Ooooor, denim skirt, tights, flat black boots and some sort of top and cardigan. I always end up in one of those outfits when I can't decide what to wear or if I'm having one of those days where everything looks awful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I second the being tired and lack of questioning skills, so, if you were given a thousand euro what would you spend it on?

What do you think every girl or woman should have in her wardrobe?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Do you ever go dilibratly against the grain of current trends? I mean do you wear long when the fashion is for short, or wear dark when everyone else is wearing bright?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Novella wrote: »
    I second the being tired and lack of questioning skills, so, if you were given a thousand euro what would you spend it on?

Tbh, I'd probably just raid topshop, asos and urban outfitters. I have simple enough tastes, comfortable jeans, pretty dresses, shoes. In fact no I change my mind, I'd spend the whole lot on shoes. Preferably Irregular Choice ones.
    What do you think every girl or woman should have in her wardrobe?!
    Good jeans! A good pair of jeans, a nice pair of leather boots and a good coat.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Do you ever go dilibratly against the grain of current trends? I mean do you wear long when the fashion is for short, or wear dark when everyone else is wearing bright?

Not consciously. I don't set much store my fashion trends though. I wear what I like and I like what I wear. I wasn't into any of this neon stuff at all so I'd rather have poured black paint over myself than wear any of that!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

What are your top five make up and/or skin care products?

What's your favourite season for clothes?

Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Is there anything that you would most definitely not wear?
    Is there a particular style that didn't suit you that you couldn't wait for it to go out of fashion?

Twee. wrote: »
    What are your top five make up and/or skin care products?

I couldn't live without my St Ives Apricot Scrub. It's the best I've ever used, love it so much.

Dior Backstage mascara.

GOSH kohl eyeliner.

Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes set thingy.

aaaaand.... Ooh I'm torn between my foundation and good old fashioned Vaseline. I think I'd have to go with vaseline.
    What's your favourite season for clothes?

Cheers :)

Winter! Absolutely love it. Loadsa layers, lovely snug tights, scarves and gloves, and of course coats. I love scarves and coats especially.

This year I've made a promise to myself to start wearing more hats and less jeans. Can't judge hats on myself though so I have to drag someone shopping with me. :)

But i just love winter anyway, I can't cope with summer heat at all and I burn just taking in the washing off the line.

Is there anything that you would most definitely not wear?

Oh neons. And wet look leggings. And regular leggings for that matter. Ugg boots. Ehhhhhh... that's all I can think of at the minute but I'm sure there's more! Cropped tops, don't have the belly for them. Stringy bikini things, the ones that barely cover anything.
    Is there a particular style that didn't suit you that you couldn't wait for it to go out of fashion?

Those babydoll floaty tops and dresses. They made me look incredibly pregnant and just ridiculous.

Also skinny jeans. I have one pair and wear them occasionally but I just prefer more comfort/give in my clothes. I love bootcut jeans and flares too, skinny jeans just didn't quite do it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

What you think of fashion in Dublin these days? ( Typing this now presuming you're a Dub, if you're not never mind the question- no country people can dress themselves)

By fashion I mean the way folks dress themselves, as opposed to 'its deadly because we an X, a Y and a Z within five minutes walk of each other'

PrivateEye wrote: »
    What you think of fashion in Dublin these days? ( Typing this now presuming you're a Dub, if you're not never mind the question- no country people can dress themselves)

By fashion I mean the way folks dress themselves, as opposed to 'its deadly because we an X, a Y and a Z within five minutes walk of each other'

I am a dub yes! :) I think there's a huge variation in dublin and a lot of it pains me to see. Tracksuits tucked into socks and generally matching pink velour tracksuits hurt my eyes.

And tracksuits bottoms tucked into uggs is just as bad. I don't care if they're abercrombie.

I think one particularly awful mistake is people wear clothes too small for them. I mean if you're a size 10 don't try to wear a size 6, and if you're a size 20 don't try to wear a 16. It just looks awful and incredibly uncomfortable. You see it everywhere you go. The waistline of the country is expanding but people aren't buying for their size seemingly.

Tbh i think the badly dressed stand out more to me, mainly because they're wearing neon leggings and have their mullet dyed orange.

I'm much better at seeing the negative in things it seems!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Your opinion on the wearing of plaid, both on males and females?

I have plaid converse and I love them!

I like plaid on shirts, coats and dresses. Plaid trousers wouldn't be my cup of tea mind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

What's your favourite brand of jeans?

Do you like shopping - actually going into shops and looking around and trying things on?

Do you read any style magazine?

Do you ever 'dress' CuLT or do you care what he wears? :D

janeybabe wrote: »
    What's your favourite brand of jeans?

Topshop jeans are the only ones I can get that really fit me properly so them I guess!
    Do you like shopping - actually going into shops and looking around and trying things on?
    I used to hate it. Up until I was about 17 I would've preferred to scratch my eyes out than go shopping but then I discovered shopping on my own and with friends who dressed like me.

I love it now, in my time of unemployment I find myself wandering around shopping centres trying on clothes that I'll never afford! :p
    Do you read any style magazine?

I've started reading InStyle magazine lately but I don't read any religiously, I find myself getting annoyed at the ugliness of some things in fashion.

Do you ever 'dress' CuLT or do you care what he wears? :D

Ha I'm not fussed as to what he wears but I'll help him when he wants it. He refuses to try stuff on cos he's useless. He bought a tux for the Golden Spiders and I had to force him to try it on and to get a shirt that actually fit properly as opposed to his usual guesswork.

I've never made an effort to change his style or anything but I'll take him shopping when needs be. Buy him clothes occasionally if I see something nice and I can afford it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've finally gotten around to closing this thread.

Thanks to fonpokno for the great answers. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement