Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile for o2

• 08-09-2009 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

I am with O2 prepay and need a new phone but their upgrade offers look crap and i only get 5 euro free credit with upgrade. Xtravision have a phone i like cheaper than o2. Wheres best place to buy an o2 phone or sim free phone. I think if you buy a new phone pack for o2 you get laods of free credit which i could use then put my current sim into it?
    I only want a new basic phone like a nokia 5130

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Tesco mobile are the cheapest provider on the market by far - they use the 02 network to provide their service, so coverage is the same. Not sure about their phones though.

(also top up bt €10, get €10 free, as with €20 & €30 top-ups)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

With Teso can i keep my current o2 086 xxxxxxx number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

With Teso can i keep my current o2 086 xxxxxxx number?

Yes - you can get a SIM card online for €2.50 & get (up to) €35 free credit too. I ordered one on Sunday after doing a cost comparison on callcosts.ie - I'm with Meteor at the minute & it worked out that, for what I paid for August to Meteor - just under €20 - would have cost me just under €7 with Tesco mobile.

It's a no-brainer for me, but Irish people are stupidly loyal to their mobile providers.. no wonder they feel they can rip us off to the heavens.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭askU

Tesco mobile are the cheapest provider on the market by far - they use the 02 network to provide their service, so coverage is the same. Not sure about their phones though.

(also top up bt €10, get €10 free, as with €20 & €30 top-ups)

The unused Free credit received as part of the Buy 1 get 1 free offer, will expire after 30 days and will not be carried over. Once the customer has spent all of their paid for airtime, they will then begin to use their free airtime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If you use the code 'iPROMOTIONS' you can get 10% o2 mobiles in the online shop until sept 30th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭costacurta

Davy wrote: »
    If you use the code 'iPROMOTIONS' you can get 10% o2 mobiles in the online shop until sept 30th.

Will this code work for iPhones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

costacurta wrote: »
    Will this code work for iPhones?

Nope

Advertisement