Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC2@7:30-Behind the scenes,Glenveagh National Park

Options
  • 08-09-2009 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

Gleann Bheatha BBC2 7:30 8/9/09

Irish language documentary series which looks behind the scenes at Glenveagh National Park in Co. Donegal, exploring the personalities, energy, passion and diverse tasks involved in running this major tourist attraction and wildlife reserve. In this first episode the tragic side of Glenveagh's history is revealed, while we meet some of the people who work hard to keep Glenveagh looking its best for the public - from the park manager to the gardeners, maintenance crew and tour guides.

Worth a watch. I believe its narrated by Donal Rogers of RnaG.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00mqh3t

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Sounds interesting, must try and remember to watch that. If it wasn't for the midges I'd run off and live in the hills at Glenveigh, like a wild mountain person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Have to watch this. Wonder does it mention the Bridal Path? Been WAY too long since I've been out there. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

cor, thanks for link. Don't like Glenveagh myself, bit creepy, but Joe Mahon makes great programs.
    It's on Iplayer or whatever it is, for six more days.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭josey_whale

Unless you are in the UK, you will be out of luck with iPlayer -

"Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only"

I am in UK.

• Advertisement

Watched this last night, it was a decent show.
    At the end of the programme the "voice" said something about another show about Glenveigh next week, but I missed the details.

Did anyone get the info?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

mrmac wrote: »
    Watched this last night, it was a decent show.
    At the end of the programme the "voice" said something about another show about Glenveigh next week, but I missed the details.

Did anyone get the info?

This was the first of a six part series on Glenveagh.

Ah, clickity click, makes sense now!
    Same time and day every week?

according to Irish Times, there's another one tonight, same time same place.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

Think its the first show that is repeated tonight @ 7:00 for anyone missed it on tuesday

• Advertisement

Again tonight, part 2 of 6. Gleann Bheatha BBC2 7:30 15/9/09

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

Was this show any good, Is it just an old history yoke?

Crotchety wrote: »
    Was this show any good, Is it just an old history yoke?

Episode 2
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00mvr52

This episode explores the wilderness of Glenveagh, following the rangers as they go hill-walking, plus there is a meeting with Lorcan O'Toole, the man who is reintroducing the golden eagle to Donegal's skies. Head gardener Sean O Gaoithin tells the story of Glenveagh's spectacular gardens and the woman responsible for them, Mrs. Cornelia Adair.

Episode 3
    A Bank Holiday at the park, and between musicians, dancers and birds of prey, there's plenty to keep the hordes of visitors entertained. Meanwhile staff help to maintain the delicate ecosystem of the park - counting deer, planting trees and uprooting pesky rhododendrons.

Advertisement