Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms

• 08-09-2009 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience running gyms?

If I was to open a gym small in size with basic equipment How much should I expect to pay in insurance etc.

Im not opening a gym im just wondering about running costs basically.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭divito06

Im in the process of doin just that. My quote from fbd was €565 public liability and included '€35,000 contents cover. It depends on the area. That based on 3,500 square ft warehouse. You need personal indemnity insurance which covers you to show someone how to use a machine as long as you have gym instructor or personal trailer course done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

divito06 wrote: »
    ... You need personal indemnity insurance which covers you to show someone how to use a machine as long as you have gym instructor or personal trailer course done.

I think you mean professional indemnity insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭divito06

I think you mean professional indemnity insurance.
    Ya. I keep getting the name wrong. Are you opening a public gym or a club. A friend of mine has a club and he said you don't need public liability because its not open to public. he gets every member to take out personal injury on them self through the gym like a group thing just charge them members fee plus personal injury. Im thinking of opening a public gym. Give looked at two units 3,565 sq ft and 3,689 sq ft landlord will let me put a second floor. If you ready to take on a gym go public and make an area for women to do cardio and few extra. Cause women pay the bills. If you need any more info gimme a shout.

Advertisement