Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insurance with IL&P

Options
  • 08-09-2009 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody here got their Home Insurance renewal from Irish Life and Permenant lately ?

Mine has reached over €800 for a bog std 3 bed semi in Dublin 24.

WTF.....a quick trawl through the magic interwebnet got me quotes down to €280...what am I missing here ?

Yes I know and appreciate the 12 month spreadover for free BUT am I paying for this through inflated premia ?

Has anybody managed to extricate themselves from the IL&P group policy and if so,ho does one do it ? :confused:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

You can change your house insurance whenever you wish - just cancel the direct debit & change your insurance provider.

The main way to bring down the cost of your premium for structural cover is to insure it for the real cost of re-building at today's prices, which is a hell of a lot cheaper than it was this time 2 years ago.

A home alarm will also reduce your premium - you can get a half decent one for less than €100 (Yale basic kit).. it won't save you a whole lot over one year, but once it's in, it'll pay for itself over a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Thank You Starbelgrade.

Interestingly,the FAR lower quote I have from the Web is from IL&P`s own major underwriter ...?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

A good lesson on why one might not be getting the best deal from their bank. Make sure you are covered for everything that you need as some of the online policies might have reduced cover.

Advertisement