Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - No nutritional value on a lot of items

Options
  • 08-09-2009 2:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

eg Their Admiral salmon range.

Is their any law on this and who do I report this to?

45271834.jpg

40319664.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

I hate that!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭markphillips

That's pretty cheap of them really (which, I guess, figures...).

I'm pretty sure it's EU law that basic nutritional information must be given on packaging? Albeit in America over the summer I noticed they give you the info for even chewing gum (5 cals a stick!), so maybe there are exceptions here to some products (such as fish) or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Listing nutritional information is, as far as I am aware, completely optional for the company. They don't have to include it (but if they do it has to be in a certain format)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

123abcde wrote: »

Is their any law on this and who do I report this to?

There is a law, but it's not relevant:
    Nutritional labelling is compulsory only where a nutritional claim is made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

branded goods having the nutritional values on the packaging does not make them any better for you or your pocket!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

123abcde wrote: »
    I would only buy that stuff for the cat. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭mixer101

I would only buy that stuff for the cat. :D

You don't like your cat then? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

if you pay cheap you can expect cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

foggy_lad wrote: »
    branded goods having the nutritional values on the packaging does not make them any better for you or your pocket!
    It can let you make a more informed choice, and decide between 2 products which really is better value. Many people could be counting calories, or not want trans fats, or want to know ratios of stuff. It can also reveal things that are not explicit in the ingredients list - e.g. a lot of "healthy" readymeals are heavily diluted down with water, and the nutritional info can show this up.

If companies do not show it I presume they have something to hide (that goes for alcohol manufacturers too)

Advertisement