Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics.ie members discusses Boards !

Options
2»

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

uriah wrote: »
    This posting should see me banned - or at least warned.
    boards.ie doesn't take criticism.
    /waits for uriah to be banned for criticism

/prepares to wait a long time

mike65 wrote: »
    Ah ye old "bait the moderator about banning so he/she will not ban me" tactic Cunning.
    In this case, it's just a little bit pathetic. What it usually is, is transparent: the poster posts something in breach of the charter, but on one side of an issue, then follows up with "I suppose I'll be banned now for disagreeing with the moderator."

Eh, no. You'll be banned for breaking the rules, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DavidCochrane

As a user of both i would think this is the inferior site - rather like the tabloid version. And the moderation here is dreadful - little hitlers throwing their (very limited) weight around.

You'd be booted of P.ie for such a stupid, ridiculous comment as well.

Will we be seeing you over on the Politics section, David? We don't have enough polite, articulate "no" campaigners.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Yet it's fine to level abuse at others?

• Advertisement

nesf wrote: »
    Yet it's fine to level abuse at others?
    Oh here we go......

Oh here we go......

No, just curious about the rational behind allowing it rather than anything else. How does it add to the discussion?

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Will we be seeing you over on the Politics section, David? We don't have enough polite, articulate "no" campaigners.
    I'm in favour of a Yes, I had thousands of posters put up on lamp-posts which said "Keep our commissioner".

Job done ...... if we vote Yes.

nesf wrote: »
    No, just curious about the rational behind allowing it rather than anything else. How does it add to the discussion?
    No, I'm not going to have people on boards.ie (mods especially) expect me to defend anything that happens over on my website.

And any suggestion otherwise is petty and pathetic.

I'm here as DavidCochrane.

I'm in favour of a Yes, I had thousands of posters put up on lamp-posts which said "Keep our commissioner".

Job done ...... if we vote Yes.
    I actually completely forgot about that. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭uriah

Ingratiating yourself?

It is my honestly held opinion, based on my experience.

Am I entitled to express it?

No, I'm not going to have people on boards.ie (mods especially) expect me to defend anything that happens over on my website.

And any suggestion otherwise is petty and pathetic.

I'm here as DavidCochrane.

My apologies, I wasn't interested in hearing you defend that thread, it was a simple rant etc.

What I'm curious about is the fundamental difference in moderating ethos between the two sites and why you chose that particular ethos.

It is my honestly held opinion, based on my experience.

Am I entitled to express it?
    Yes. You're not entitled to have it respected, though.

So David, will we be seeing you over in the Politics section? We could do with another polite, articulate "yes" campaigner.

;)

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

As a user of both i would think this is the inferior site - rather like the tabloid version. And the moderation here is dreadful - little hitlers throwing their (very limited) weight around.

In the words of a great man:

*krrrhk* Anytime.... </predator>

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Right guys, time to close this.

I can completely understand that the denizens of politics.ie have their views on boards and the politics section of it, especially those with strong views on that referendum we have coming up. But we're not in the business of dissing another Internet forum. In the same way that we take a strong view against personal abuse of any kind here and we have a number of rules that need to be heeded (that being the way this site is run, including the Politics forum), politics.ie is a separate site run with its own rules. We have our ethos, they have theirs. The simple explanation of the ethos under which we run the boards.ie politics forum can be found by referring to the politics charter, as well as the post of mine I quoted on page one of this thread.

We're not interested in a slagging match and that's why the thread is being closed. The world's big enough for both and as I said above, we do things our way and they do things their way. I'd rather that this site wasn't dissed either but again, we do things our way and they do things theirs. Still enough room for two.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement