Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pc repair, dundalk?

• 08-09-2009 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Well.
    Anyone know where i can get my computer fixed round dundalk for cheap?

I went into pc world. 60r70e to get it looked at. 300e to fix it no matter whats wrong with it apparently!

Its a new enough pc, quad core nd 2r3gb ram so nt too old!
    Basically it wont turn on. The psu starts up, there is no startup beep and there is no output to the monitor!

It started when id leave the pc on workn fine, go up to it an hour r two later, and its nt respondin. Id just have to restart the pc and then itd work okay.
    A week or two of that and now it wont start up at all.

Anyone know how or where i could fix it?
    Hopefully somewhere with cheaper prices. Cant afford pc world prices!
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Not sure about Dundalk but we perhaps could talk you through it if you want.

For example, have you first tried removing all non-essential components such as sound card and all but one stick of RAM. The first thing you want is for the computer to emit some form of beep or other boot-up signal and get to the POST screen.

A slightly more advanced tactic would be to try and reset the BIOS. To do this;

Unplug the kettle lead powering the PC.
    Press the power button on the PC to discharge it.
    Open up the case and remove the battery located on the motherboard.
    Place a piece of conductive material between the two contacts where the battery was and press and hold the power button again for about 5 seconds.
    Re-install the battery and power lead and try and boot the computer.

What sort of computer did you buy? eg. Dell/HP etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭EyeDeeOne

I just reset the bios the way you said and its working again!
    Thanks mate, iv been going mad for the last week!
    Really appreciate it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

Something caused this issue in the first place though. You should probably see if there's a BIOS update available for your machine. Might fix any hardware issues causing your freezes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

EyeDeeOne wrote: »
    I just reset the bios the way you said and its working again!
    Thanks mate, iv been going mad for the last week!
    Really appreciate it!

You're very welcome, glad I could help.
    bman wrote: »
    Something caused this issue in the first place though. You should probably see if there's a BIOS update available for your machine. Might fix any hardware issues causing your freezes.

I would second this.

Advertisement