Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF4 - Ireland Online - Evaluation Tread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

First part of the fight...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Yyyyyyeeeeesssss network issues...........

only kidding, I actually watched those fights and it was ridiculous. I did however fix the issue today. Turns out our router had a hardware firewall running (only got a new router the other day) and it kills quality of service and was destroying online play. I disabled it and the Doom should be available again on a good connection.
    Cool, looking forward to next bouts! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

The only contemporary console version of ST was the 3DO version. There were versions of vanilla SSF2 for SNES and MD, but not ST. Although, for reasons that I'm not sure make sense even to Capcom, there was a SNES version of Alpha 2, complete with loading times. Yes, loading times. On a cartridge.

It would have made a pretty good N64 launch game, I reckon, and the controller would have been rather well-suited to SF, with the C buttons lining up nicely with the A and B buttons.

Anyway, ST would later appear on the Saturn and PS1 as part of the first SF Collection, then a version with online play appeared on the Dreamcast. It's also been on one of the Capcom Classics Collections on the PS2 and PSP.

Also, HD Remix has a "Classic Arcade" mode which is just ST with HD graphics and no gameplay changes, if you want to count that.
    Yes and yes. :)

you think the TE is heavy? The original Sega Megastick was an offensive weapon.

Still looks classy today though I think.

segaMDjoystickArcade14mayo.JPG

It can't be that heavy - Tsukiko from up here has one that's been modded into a six-button PS2 stick. It's so small that she had to use 24mm buttons instead of the standard 30mm buttons. Having used it a few times myself, I can tell you that it's really lightweight and I can't imagine for a second that much weight was lost in modding it.

Yreval wrote: »

It can't be that heavy - Tsukiko from up here has one that's been modded into a six-button PS2 stick. It's so small that she had to use 24mm buttons instead of the standard 30mm buttons. Having used it a few times myself, I can tell you that it's really lightweight and I can't imagine for a second that much weight was lost in modding it.

Maybe it was the fact I was 8 when I had it... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

And the dirty big metal base :D

• Advertisement

joconnell wrote: »
    And the dirty big metal base :D

It did have a metal base right? Yreval has me doubting my own memory now...

Final part of me vs ayjayirl.

I was kinda trying to show him some b n b combos for Ryu here. Not that he even noticed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I had SNES Alpha 2. It was awesome considering the limitations of the SNES.

No dramatic battles though or Evil Ryu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Final part of me vs ayjayirl.

I was kinda trying to show him some b n b combos for Ryu here. Not that he even noticed. :D

I win....... finally

ayjayirl wrote: »
    I win....... finally

Had to give you something. :)

Any opinions on the matches? Aj is looking to bury me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

When azzas on the ropes you should always be prepared for a gimmick ultra :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

F*cking Bison drives me nuts :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Rope what button layout do you use on your keyboard by the way? I've asked you a few times, I dunno if theres a standard 'if your using a kb, this is the best layout' or whatever. If not how did you come to your layout? Just random and got used to it?

You use num 7 for trows anyway so I assume...arrow keys for directions and maybe num 456 for punches and 123 kicks or?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Your hands are backwards!

WASD: u,d,l,r

J,K,L: punches
    U,I,O: Kicks

When i played on mame many years ago with out a stick.

ouch yeah your hands are backwards. If you ever do change to a stick or something I suppose you could use the mexican cross hand style s-kill uses :p

347184494_448a06e94b.jpg?v=0
    Heres another me playing in a tourney pic. Shows off my famous cross-handed style. To answer the most common questions in advance: 1) yes, I really do play like that. 2) No, I am not left-handed. 3) yes, I am a partly retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

They're just ratings.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    . Oh yeah, except for the one I lost :rolleyes:

Got to love those guys.

What did they give that 5 stars? Seriously man, wtf. I'm mean at least your now disabling them instead of re-uploading but even so. they're...just...stars.. and its...youtube..just... wtf..

And how the hell did you end up with some following of 'haters', I love to know what happened there lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Rope you are on XBL yes? I havent played a decent boxer in a pretty long time now...

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

b) I'm not a decent Boxer (And I'm not ashamed to admit it, either) ;)
    You need to get over this negativity you have in your head. You're a class Boxer! Live with it! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Had a watch of those videos. Good fun. Thought I played rather well in the first video....didn't lose my head. Decent zoning. Good stuff.

You completely destroyed me in the second one. Those dizzies were proof enough :o. You kept catching me offguard with those EX overheads. Smart play. Gonna need therapy after that one. :p

Third video was a great comeback! Came right down to the wire. :D I was lucky at the end that i just had enough HP for the throw.

Thanks for not embarrassing me by uploading that one where I got Ultra'd to death in all three rounds :o Sporting of you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Kirby wrote:
    Thanks for not embarrassing me by uploading that one where I got Ultra'd to death in all three rounds Sporting of you.

What this one?

Suppose I spoke too soon. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Kirby wrote: »
    You kept catching me offguard with those EX overheads.

I'm pretty sure you can throw Balrog out of an EX overhead. I usually hit throw on impulse now when I see one coming.

It was just head busting really. I know that the overhead can be thrown but I'm so concentrated on spacing and the jump in that I often don't react quick enough. It's bad play on my part :p

You can throw rog during his ex overhead rush punch thingy that leads to ultra? feck sake, is there a list somewhere I can look up "things I can do to other characters"? This is my main issue... I dunno wtf to do against a lot of characters and main ryu, everyone knows wtf 2 do against ryu:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    You can throw rog during his ex overhead rush punch thingy that leads to ultra? feck sake, is there a list somewhere I can look up "things I can do to other characters"? This is my main issue... I dunno wtf to do against a lot of characters and main ryu, everyone knows wtf 2 do against ryu:(

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=194535

fantastic, I had looked there before but it always seemed like I'd have to trawl through 100 page threads of people talking about all sorts to find the juicy info. Seems that's what that guy did and posted the juicy info in its own thread. cheers.

All right heres some SFIV videos I made for once :D , yet again Redmans the star of someones youtube SFIV vids :p

These are about 2 weeks old , I was testing recording with my mini DV cam hooked right up to my PC via s-video.

1st vid looked a bit off apon upload to youtube so I made adjustments for the second when I finally got time to edit and upload them.

They're just some casual games with different characters, I've a similar one with me and azza messin about to upload too.

DV cam only lets me record with this method at 4:3 @ 1024x768 and as my pc has a widescreen monitor the vid comes out a little squashed looking but I just stretched it out for the 2nd one (best to watch that in fullscreen, looks odd embedded) . Not arsed re-uploading the 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

:pac:...

Nice man...:rolleyes: I was throwing you out of loads of those overheads in some of the later matches. This was like our first match. Geez, I'm going to have to remember to record everything if I play you again.

It was also pretty late. I was actually shouting at the screen "why didn't that throw" only to realise my fingers weren't on the buttons. It was like my body just didn't want to listen to my brain anymore. If i'm on SFIV after 10pm expect to play against Zombie Akuma :D I usually caffeine crash around then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    All right heres some SFIV videos I made for once :D , yet again Redmans the star of someones youtube SFIV vids :p

Thanks for uploading, they were some great games :)
    Your pad chun was really impressive, when you fully adapt to your stick you'll be nigh unstoppable :P
    Nice Chun and he's almost got my Rog downloaded ;)

Well now's your chance to get some revenge eh ;)
    AVG also tabbed me out mid game with RedMan the day before so I've got to sort that **** out.

I think your instabilities might just be from the latest version of GFWL. I forgot to mention it at the time, but my game alt tabbed itself as well, a few games after it happened to you.

Advertisement