Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF4 - Ireland Online - Evaluation Tread

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I've finally got SFIV running on my PC (well Mac really,) and have a version of fraps on it.

Prepare for Honda spam videos & you can all tell me how crap I am. Oh yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Cheers again for the uploads :)

I think It just wasn't my day with chun, you adapted to my overhead mixups pretty quick, and when I tried to play keep away, I just got bored and made mistakes. Changing characters helped a bit, but the main issue was just constantly eating overheads.

The only advice I can give you is if you block chun's super, you can punish with absolutely anything. Although at the time I felt you were just letting me off for free out of pity :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Whats the best setup for fraps and uploading to youtube Ropey?
    (I'm new to this!)

What rate should I be capturing at via Fraps, and what should I be converting the .avi files to? (Bitrate etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

set fraps to record at 60 unless you want slow down. It might be hard to pull off on a laptop, gaming at 60fps - online - and recording with fraps, without it effecting gameplay at all.

I record on my pc using my camera so I'm 100% sure I don't drop frames.

Anyway remember you're gonna need a lot of HD space, maybe set fraps to record on half resolution.

covert to xvid I guess, but don't compress it too much as youtube will be compressing it again when you upload. Up to you how long you wanna spend uploading. For me it takes about an hour or so to upload a 500mb vid and that vid'll be 10 mins long.

raw fraps is like 2gb a minute or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Arctic Zombie

I'm aware that I slide too much, it's actually one of the "bad habits" I had in mind when I said that in the Good Games thread. I always think to myself when I do them that I'm an idiot and shouldn't do them etc but I just keep doing them...

I jumped SO much after a blocked scissor kick going for the crossup mk is was unreal. Balrog has such good, fast pokes that if I tried keeping up the pressure with some c.lk/scissors I was almost guaranteed to be stuffed out of it or trade. Lots of times you would go for a dash punch after a blocked scissors, which would get you ex psycho'd if I had meter to spare.

You focused fairly often, everytime I went in the air for a DR/HS you would start focusing which got you punished a few times with EX DR (the second part, with the extended hand) or just landing behind you after a headstomp and throwing you out of it.

I did notice a lot of time that even though you might have started blocking a combo, suddenly I would connect half way through. This was probably you mashing jab.

I can't think of any thing else really, of course I could go all day criticizing myself!

• Advertisement
Advertisement