Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubys to be strip club?

• 08-09-2009 3:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭

A friend was driving passed rubys this evening at about 6 and while parked in traffic at the lights he saw Bob Tweedy and Peter Striongfellow walking in the back entrance of the woodman. Another friend of mine works there and he had heard rumours about a month ago that it was gonna be sold. Now it seems the rumours might be true as Stringfellow was seen scoping the place out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭EoinHeffernan

I call shenanigans on this. Do you really think Bob is going to sell his most successful nightclub, really?

Sorry back to the first point, Bob and Peter Stringfellow walking around the back of the Woodman? That's a statement i would take with a grain, sorry, a tub full of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I dunno, he was here anyway
    http://www.colmhenry.ie/gallery/show/62

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Stringfellow couldn't make it work in Duiblin what in gods name makes you think he can in Waterford.

There was uproar about a year ago when Waterford was discribed as a seedy port town in a holiday/travel guide, with the amount of "clubs" opening lately at this stage its certainly 100% true now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

as long as the rubys crowd dont come down to anywhere i go they can do what they want with the place. As said i cant see how stringfellows could operate down here when it couldn't make it in dublin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

ziedth wrote: »
    as long as the rubys crowd dont come down to anywhere i go they can do what they want with the place.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

as long as the rubys crowd dont come down to anywhere i go they can do what they want with the place. As said i cant see how stringfellows could operate down here when it couldn't make it in dublin.

:rolleyes: Snobby much?

As for the op...possibly the most ridiculous post this forum has ever seen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭larchielads

we've already got strip clubs in the town 3 if i'm not mistaken 1.secrets(old flashes) 2.the one on ballybricken and the one not a hundred yards from rubys 3.the front of electric avenue.

apparently just the club is being sold as the new strip club, tweedy is keeping the lounge and the woodman. if it wworks for electric avenue then why not the rubys complex???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭larchielads

ok the one in ballybricken is closed fair enough we've got 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

we've already got strip clubs in the town 3 if i'm not mistaken 1.secrets(old flashes) 2.the one on ballybricken and the one not a hundred yards from rubys 3.the front of electric avenue.

apparently just the club is being sold as the new strip club, tweedy is keeping the lounge and the woodman. if it wworks for electric avenue then why not the rubys complex???

Because he doesn't own the building, it's not his to sell, it would require the sharing of one small office and one store, Ruby's is far too big to be turned into a strip club and most of all there is **** all demand for another strip club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

i heard from a friend of a friend that it wasnt peter stringfellow that was with bob tweedy...it was actually rick whelan in drag

• Advertisement

The Rolling Stones are playing in Twister Vicks next month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Deise-Girl..xx

as much as i think another strip club is totally unnecessary in waterford, it couldnt be much worse than rubys at the moment. im only 19 but i even feel ancient when i walk into rubys on a saturday night:)

as much as i think another strip club is totally unnecessary in waterford, it couldnt be much worse than rubys at the moment. im only 19 but i even feel ancient when i walk into rubys on a saturday night:)

Oh ffs I've heard it all now.

:rolleyes: Snobby much?

As for the op...possibly the most ridiculous post this forum has ever seen!

Who me :pac:?

No i just like my peace to be honest. O love Harveys now since everyone has stopped going there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

U2 are playing walsh park tomorrow night

Who me :pac:?

No i just like my peace to be honest. O love Harveys now since everyone has stopped going there.

Think about this attitude though...

Personally, I love a quite drink too...I love old bars but I also love to visit other counties like cork, Galway, Dublin, Wexford, KK etc...and visit all their types of bars - new and old. Rubys is what it is, and every city needs a Rubys. On saturdays it gets a young crowd 95% the legal age, and the other 5% lucky enough to look the legal age. The irony of a 19 year old giving out about it too young is something to treasure...

Anyway...nobody is asking you to go to Rubys, or any other club for that matter but yet people always still find that they need to slate the place and the people who frequent it. What's the point of that? Do you really need to let people know that you're not a teeny bopper or night club goer, but instead a suave whiskey drinker in an old man's bar? What kind of city would Waterford be without a night club?

You're a sound lad Ziedth, but you are being a little snobbish...I also think if people were to walk around Rubys on a night other than saturday night, you'd be surprised at the clientele.

I don't have strong opinions about any one venue in waterford, but I do have strong views on the city's nightlife as a whole. And Diversity is key.

Oh an by the way, I just heard that The Eagles are playing Ryans in november.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭deiseman21

hmmmm! 19 year old girls

hmmmm! 19 year old girls in strip clubs even better

Think about this attitude though...

Personally, I love a quite drink too...I love old bars but I also love to visit other counties like cork, Galway, Dublin, Wexford, KK etc...and visit all their types of bars - new and old. Rubys is what it is, and every city needs a Rubys. On saturdays it gets a young crowd 95% the legal age, and the other 5% lucky enough to look the legal age. The irony of a 19 year old giving out about it too young is something to treasure...

Anyway...nobody is asking you to go to Rubys, or any other club for that matter but yet people always still find that they need to slate the place and the people who frequent it. What's the point of that? Do you really need to let people know that you're not a teeny bopper or night club goer, but instead a suave whiskey drinker in an old man's bar? What kind of city would Waterford be without a night club?

You're a sound lad Ziedth, but you are being a little snobbish...I also think if people were to walk around Rubys on a night other than saturday night, you'd be surprised at the clientele.

You have a fair point and I actually agree with ya that the ruby's of any city serve their purpose in keeping the young crowd in. I'm not a fan of nightclubs straight off so that effects my judgement and I don't hate young people in fact I've supported students on this board a number of times.

And its not just rubys by any means, I used to enjoy going there on tuesdays and sundays in my student days.

See I detest messy people on a night out, I'm a grade A piss head TBH when I'm out with my mates and 49 times out of 50 I'm what I like to be called contained and very very rarely have to be looked after as drunk as I maybe.

And this leads me to my orginal post on my travels with my various fast foods on a sat night trying to flag a taxi I see the state of "young people" and more often then not I see them coming out of Rubys, Hense my orginal point of "as long as the rubys crowd dont come down to anywhere i go they can do what they want with the place".

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread completely So I'll leave it at that. I'm sure we'll have plenty of other topics to disagree on abouttobebanned :p

the point i was making earlier is that if i go to rubys on a saturday night i dont want to be surrounded by people that are four years younger than me! and on top of that its a tenner to get in...hence why i rarely go to rubys these days! junior cert results out today bet the place will be packed tonight:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

the point i was making earlier is that if i go to rubys on a saturday night i dont want to be surrounded by people that are four years younger than me! and on top of that its a tenner to get in...hence why i rarely go to rubys these days! junior cert results out today bet the place will be packed tonight:)
    Wait...wait wait.
    Just to clarify, does this mean you will be working in the strip club???

Niceeee

• Advertisement

Na i wouldnt work there! doubt it will be turned into a strip club anyway.
    Rubys does well as a nightclub there always seems to be a good crowd around on the weekends and students usually go there or harveys during the week so dunno why tweedy would bother with a strip club. Theres enough of them in town as it is anyway.
    If tweedy did open it up as a strip club it would probably be popular for a few weeks but dont think he'd make a lot of money out of it. If peter stringfellow can't make it successful in dublin doubt tweedy will manage it in waterford!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

well i heard from "HOW DO" that it was really michael jackson with bob tweedy checking the place out for a come back to tour............ ohhhh still to soon????

noway is rubys going to be turned into a strip club,. this is the funniest thing ive seen in a while.... tweedy and stringfellow ha nice one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Na i wouldnt work there!
    Awwww:(
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭sh4128

Kinda obvious rubys are hostin a TEENAGE DISCO RESULTS PARTY :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭deiseman21

sh4128 wrote: »
    Kinda obvious rubys are hostin a TEENAGE DISCO RESULTS PARTY :pac:

get them started early is what i say :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,633 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

was in Rubys lounge last night very nice bar, decent crowd in there bit hard to move sometimes. Older crowd go in there im only 19 so i was a bit underage for Rubys Lounge.

Buy your drinks in the woodman and bring them into rubys lounge with u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Wouldnt really be into rubys meself. I dont mind it and i have been there loads of times. it just wouldnt be my first choice. Saying that Ill have a laugh anywhere I go.

Advertisement