Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gah! Monitors...

• 08-09-2009 8:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭

Question for you all:

I have my monitor callibrated (did it last week). I processed some high key shots last night for a client, pushed the background so it was completely blown in each (showing red in the histogram view thingey in LR when you press the arrow key on top right). I sent them and the client says he sees different hues in the white from shot to shot. Surely blown is blown is blown?

I'm frustrated. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,406 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

can you look at the histogram for the individual colour channels... check that red green and blue are all getting clipped? thats the only reason I can think there might be a colour tone in the blown out area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

if you bring it into photoshop and turn expanded view on of the historgram

the using the marquee select a section of the BG you can get the histogram to show you the colour components of just that section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Gah !! Meh !! High key > i hate it !!!!! :o:mad::pac:

Back to your Q: I suppose it depends on what he's viewing them on ! a 32inch wide screen TV !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Thanks all - never thought of the colour components... Hopefully that'll sort it :)

Advertisement