Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question Re: Commercial Licences for Fonts...

• 08-09-2009 10:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭

Hello,

If I buy a licenced font such as Helvetica Bold from here:

http://www.linotype.com/13448/helveticabold-font.html#format

The single font licence is €29.

Can I then do what I want with it commericially, ie use it for my company logo, use it on my website, promotional material all with this 1 x €29 commercial licence or are there limitations, different licences for different uses?

I read through a fair bit of the licence agreement but could not seem to find anything relevant.

If someone knows how commercial font licensing works please let me know.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭blobert

Any ideas where I could ask to find out more about this?

Thanks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

No idea, but I imagine if you buy the commercial licence you can use it commercially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Hi Blobert,

You can use away commercially, you just can't re-sell or distribute it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eric.coe

Hi Blobert,

once you buy the font , all right are yours as far as you do not try to re-sell. or may not break the rule that you agreed with the owner.Else enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

This isn't strictly true. Check with each vendor, as some fonts wont allow you use as a logotype. Also, there's the whole embedding question relating to fonts for web sites, so once you buy, all rights are not yours, you are bound to the license.

• Advertisement
Advertisement