Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whereabouts in Phoenix Pk is the Coldplay concert on Sept 14 taking place?

Options
  • 08-09-2009 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Cos I'm going to see Coldplay on Monday and I've no idea what side of the park the concerts happen on.

In google maps it looks huge, so could anybody stick an x on a google map for me to point out where.

Or if not, can someone give me a heads up. Thanks:)

Comments

If your coming from the city its usually just past where you can see the zoo fencing and on the right hand side. Its a big pointy tent and loads of people there so you wont miss it.

I've worked there a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Nice one, cheers:)

Will be coming from the city side alright (up from Galway for day).

So if I aim for the Zoo I should be fine, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.355623,-6.338875&spn=0.003816,0.011362&t=h&z=17

Not sure what previous poster was saying. Are you saying on the polo pitch?
    On in Mary's back garden?

When I was there for a Pixies gig it was where I have linked I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

enda1 wrote: »
    When I was there for a Pixies gig it was where I have linked I think.
    If it was the Red Hot Chili Peppers & The Pixies gig in 2004 your in the wrong location totally, those gig and the Robbie Williams gig were held here. Both were outdoor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Bluetonic wrote: »
    If it was the Red Hot Chili Peppers & The Pixies gig in 2004 your in the wrong location totally, those gig and the Robbie Williams gig were held here. Both were outdoor.

Really!? :o

Where was it so? I remember entering the park near the Kilmaingham entrance and walking left. Took about 20 minutes to walk. Hmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

When I went to robbie williams we went straight up the avenue from the river - (I dont know which entrance that would be as i dunno dublin very well) But it took us about a year to get to the site - It was like a slane walk!!

enda1 wrote: »
    Really!? :o

Where was it so? I remember entering the park near the Kilmaingham entrance and walking left. Took about 20 minutes to walk. Hmm.
    ha ha plenty of drinking took place I presume!

Now I'm completely confused:D

I don't even know if it's an outdoor concert or in a tent.

Any I haven't been in Phoenix Pk since I was about 5 at the zoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭AmcD

I walked past the concert preparations today. It is just beside the Phoenix park visitor centre, where the Bloom garden festival was. If you are coming up the main avenue (called Chesterfield ave I think), you come up as far as the main roundabout. 1st exit on right is Aras an Uachtarain. 2nd exit on right is the Phoenix park visitor centre/concert. This roundabout is also the one for the American ambassador and papal cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Have you had a look here?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055619798

You could even arrange to meet someone at the gate who's also going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The poor animals in the park must be terrified by all that noise :(

Don't worry OP, you'll be grand. Follow some of the other people heading up, you can always spot concert goers

Ya reckon I'll be alright. But at the same time, it's a pain in the ass really. I bought tickets in February, and have been wanting to book a hotel since, but couldn't as I didn't know whether to get one in Castleknock, or nearer town.

But didn't want to be walking for miles either. Ended up booking a hotel on Talbot St not knowing what corner of the park it was gonna be in.

I hate the way these companies can just announce a concert, and while we all scramble for tickets, not give us any notice or information until a few days before the concert:mad:

I mean it's not only people from Dublin who attend concerts in Dublin.

Anyway, after a bit of fishing for info, I came across this:

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=2978457&ar=coldplay

It helps a bit.

Why didn't you just book as many hotels as you deemed would cover the options and then cancel the ones you didn't need. I'm sure they all have a cancellation policy which would allow you to cancel up to the afternoon or arrival.

There's only really two locations for gigs in the park, and it's hardly much of a walk between one end of the park to the other.

Much ado about nothing.

Why didn't you just book as many hotels as you deemed would cover the options and then cancel the ones you didn't need. I'm sure they all have a cancellation policy which would allow you to cancel up to the afternoon or arrival.

I don't like booking hotels with my credit card if I've no intention to stay in them. That's why.
    There's only really two locations for gigs in the park, and it's hardly much of a walk between one end of the park to the other.

How am I supposed to know that, I'm not from Dublin. I've been in Phoenix Park once, and that was when I was about 5 and in the zoo.

Plus when you see on websites that Phoenix Park is "the largest urban open park in Europe" then I'm sure people can understand why I'd be asking the question on this thread.
    Much ado about nothing.

I disagree. If you think so fair enough. All I did was ask a question. If you look at the link above to the "gigs & concerts" section you'll also see that people are unsure of where it was too.

Col200sx wrote: »
    I don't like booking hotels with my credit card if I've no intention to stay in them. That's why.
    Any reason why?
    How am I supposed to know that, I'm not from Dublin. I've been in Phoenix Park once, and that was when I was about 5 and in the zoo.

Plus when you see on websites that Phoenix Park is "the largest urban open park in Europe" then I'm sure people can understand why I'd be asking the question on this thread.
    I would have suggested a quick google search - the 4th result throws up the Dublin City Council notice where MCD applied for the outdoor license on the 9th of April which details the exact location.
    I disagree. If you think so fair enough. All I did was ask a question. If you look at the link above to the "gigs & concerts" section you'll also see that people are unsure of where it was too.
    Much ado about nothing - you worrying over what hotel to book. I find it hard to believe that if the hotel booking was so important that you didn't bother to contact the promoter or just do a little research.

Advertisement