Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dunnes Patrick Street

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

440Hz wrote: »
    I popped in there briefly yesterday. I love the job they did on the 'old' building, from the front, but that was about it. Inside it feels more like Pennys then Dunnes, and the quality of the clothing/homeware is pretty much the same. Although, a friend of mine is a buyer for Dunnes, and he said that they are actually aiming to compete with Pennys now, so they are trying to put the emphasis on price rather than quality.

I went for a look yesterday evening and I must agree - the quality of the clothes and shoes is shockingly bad. Baskets full of crappy €2 ballerinas! I never used to buy clothes in Dunnes anyway but I thought they used to be a bit better quality than that. The food section looks clean although a bit narrow - I'll have to do an actual shop there before I can judge it properly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

440Hz wrote: »
    Inside it feels more like Pennys then Dunnes, and the quality of the clothing/homeware is pretty much the same. Although, a friend of mine is a buyer for Dunnes, and he said that they are actually aiming to compete with Pennys now, so they are trying to put the emphasis on price rather than quality.
    !

That's what I thought, it's like Penneys with food. In fact it's cheaper than Penneys. The most expensive item of clothing I saw was €30 and that was a coat. I prefer TK Maxx myself but there's definitely a market for what they are selling.

The restaurant doesn't look great, I was expecting it to be like the restaurant in Henry Street Dublin.

I was in there again today, it's even busier than last week. Difficult to shop with the crowds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

all old biddies with their Dunnes Value Cards?

Dankoozy wrote: »
    all old biddies with their Dunnes Value Cards?

Some but definitely not all. Barrys teabags for €1 in every single basket but apart from the odd offer like that Tesco is probably still cheaper and there's no parking so I don't know how people are managing with the trollies.

It looks like the worst place to work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement