Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whatreallyhappened.com just hacked.

• 08-09-2009 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

One of the biggest conspiracy and news site has just been hacked.
    I wonder why they keep going after this guys site?And how did they manage to hack it?This guys site must of been locked down like the pentagons lol.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Links? How do we know it was hacked btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Looks more like they didnt pay their bills. Standard disconnection screen up.

Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captain Furball

6th wrote: »
    Links? How do we know it was hacked btw?
    Are you king mob?:)

www.whatreallyhappened.com

Looks more like they didnt pay their bills. Standard disconnection screen up.

Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.
    This guy doesn't forget to pay his bills lol

This guy doesn't forget to pay his bills lol

If it was hacked you'd get the usual "this site has been h8cked by hAx0rs etc" etc etc, not the screen that a hosting company would put up.

Why so quick to jump that it was hacked, when the evidence so far points an administration problem?

• Advertisement

If it was hacked you'd get the usual "this site has been h8cked by hAx0rs etc" etc etc, not the screen that a hosting company would put up.

Why so quick to jump that it was hacked, when the evidence so far points an administration problem?
    lol good point :)
    I read it on infowars they said ti was hacked, so i just thought the same as them.

Yeah I presumed you'd more info to go on, thats why I asked for links. I expected a statement from the owner or something?

As above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Because you won't be a conspiracy theorist if you didn't leap to the most hysterical and hyperbolic conclusion.

Was pulling your leg 6th :)
    I visit that site everyday for a lot of my news.He updates in 3 or 4 times a day so he should have a statement up fairly fast i would imagine.

Diogenes whats your favourite forum on here?

I read it on infowars they said ti was hacked, so i just thought the same as them.

Seems to be the problem with alot of these theories. Very few people actually "opening their mind", just repeating whats said on another site. The same people mock other for watching C4 news, or reading a paper.

Not a personal go at you, a general comment.

• Advertisement

I'm not a computer expert though.
    But i do read all the news sites.I don't watch tv, so maybe i have an advantage over most people? :)But another valid point you make.I usualy read a lot on various theories and try look at both sides.

Diogenes wrote: »
    Because you won't be a conspiracy theorist if you didn't leap to the most hysterical and hyperbolic conclusion.

Stop baiting people.
    Was pulling your leg 6th :)

Cool.
    I visit that site everyday for a lot of my news.He updates in 3 or 4 times a day so he should have a statement up fairly fast i would imagine.

I suppose theres no point holding off saying something til you have more info ;)
    Diogenes whats your favourite forum on here?

Diogenes answering this would be off topic. Furry, if you want to know more about Diogenes perferences may I suggest yo ueither ask him out for a coffee or drop him a PM. Either way dont do it here.

6th wrote: »
    Stop baiting people.

Cool.

I suppose theres no point holding off saying something til you have more info ;)

Diogenes answering this would be off topic. Furry, if you want to know more about Diogenes perferences may I suggest yo ueither ask him out for a coffee or drop him a PM. Either way dont do it here.

Cool 6th.
    If i was in dublin i would take you both out for a coffee would be a great fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

How long has it been down for? And do you know anything about the previous times it was hacked?

edit: just looking around the net and some people are saying that the ISP may have been what was hacked. Time will tell, I guess.

humanji wrote: »
    How long has it been down for? And do you know anything about the previous times it was hacked?
    It's been down since around 3am last night i think.Previous hacks, i seem to recall seeing it hacked maybe 2 or 3 times.But he had it up very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It's there now. I like the quote he has on it now.
    THOUGHT FOR THE DAY!

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root."-- Henry David Thoreau

;)

Advertisement