Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shorts over Jeggings

• 08-09-2009 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi,

I have seen a few girls around wearing shorts over jeggings and have to say that it looks quite nice.

What do yuo think? would you do it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

For me, never in a million years. Also I hate the whole jeggings thing that is going on at the moment. However, if you like it, wear it and don't worry about whether or not other people like your look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I don't understand why you'd do it tbh. I mean, you wouldn't put a pair of shorts on over jeans. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I think it would look quite weird...

I can understand certain styles of shorts being worn over black tights, but with jeggings ... Wouldn't you just look like you were trying to wear everything in your wardrobe at once?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

No!!

Shorts over jeggings would look stupid imo. I think shorts over leggings or tights looks stupid too. Kind of defeats the purpose of shorts really no? If you want your legs covered wear a skirt with tight or jeans. :mad:

...I have a pet hate against shorts over stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Fashion deserves a slap if this is what it's making people do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

A friend of mine wears a pair of black tights with black shorts when we go out quite a lot. She says it's too cold for bare legs.
    She looks pretty cool in them, I must say.
    She's got little shorts on, but the tights make it a more ... demure, subtle look!

I think jeggings under shorts is a bit much though. Wouldn't be a look I'd go for myself, but maybe someone could pull it off?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 TicTac2

hmmmmmmm..........dont know about it babes!!wudnt b a look i wud go 4 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

well if its good enough for superman..............;)

200px-Fleishersuperman.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Maybe shorts over leggings but not jeggings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I've seen playsuits (with the shorts part being kinda loose) in floral material over jeggings and it looked lovely - no different than a short dress over jeggings tbh.

I can't imagine normal tight shorts with jeggings being a good look though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

No, no, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Are lad allowed post in this forum? :P

My girl wore Shorts over her tights a few weekends back? I didnt mind :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Wouldn't you just look like you were trying to wear everything in your wardrobe at once?!
    Maybe that's what some people are trying to do :p A girl in Topshop was wearing exactly that today, jeggins with black shorts over them. Looked a bit....warm.
    QOTSA90 wrote: »
    Are lad allowed post in this forum? :P

Obviously not, didn't you read the stickies?

Nope, I was scrolling down the 'Rec' list to find the 'Food and drink' section, saw this and thought Id have a nose around.

QOTSA90 wrote: »
    Nope, I was scrolling down the 'Rec' list to find the 'Food and drink' section, saw this and thought Id have a nose around.

I was only messing :)

I knew that :rolleyes:

admittedly I had a blonde moment and skimmed over the stickies after reading your reply lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭wattsusieq

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Maybe that's what some people are trying to do :p A girl in Topshop was wearing exactly that today, jeggins with black shorts over them. Looked a bit....warm.

What Topshop did you see that in?

''I've seen playsuits (with the shorts part being kinda loose) in floral material over jeggings and it looked lovely - no different than a short dress over jeggings tbh.

I can't imagine normal tight shorts with jeggings being a good look though''

That sounds really nice.Might give that a go

Belfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭wattsusieq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Special K

wattsusieq wrote: »
    Oh well if ASOS have them they MUST be classy. Not.

That look in the link is disgusting. Suppose the yuk leather look shorts don't help.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Avenuegirl

wattsusieq wrote: »

Not a good look! At least the bottom of the leggings are covered - I saw a girl today wearing denim shorts over leggings with ballet flats and it looked very wrong.
    I think leggings/jeggings/treggings are just too thick as well to be under shorts. If you're super skinny and looking to add weight to your legs then maybe it's for you....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

May I just point out that jeggings look universally awful?

Advertisement