Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transport to NUIM

• 08-09-2009 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey im a new student living in Griffin Rath Hall, on Cellbridge Rd. and was wondering whats the nearest bus-stop to get a bus to the Uni?? And whats the bus number?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

You didn't get accomodation without checking the buses first did you? Silly person. Probably 67a bus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭mp3guy

The 67a stops outside, and but it'll be a right pain in the arse for you.

There's one at around 8.20 then again at 8.40, next one isn't until about 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭bannerbhoy

wexican! wrote: »
    Hey im a new student living in Griffin Rath Hall, on Cellbridge Rd. and was wondering whats the nearest bus-stop to get a bus to the Uni?? And whats the bus number?
    67a,but you`d walk it in 10 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 wexican!

mp3guy wrote: »
    The 67a stops outside, and but it'll be a right pain in the arse for you.

There's one at around 8.20 then again at 8.40, next one isn't until about 10.

Does it stop just down from the Maxol station??

Does it stop just down from the Maxol station??

It has stops all along that road, the terminal is opposite the glen royal, near the train station.

• Advertisement

It has stops all along that road, the terminal is opposite the glen royal, near the train station.

Oh does it not go on to the college??

Nope, it doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

The 67a bus stop is about a 10 minute walk from the north campus, then five minute walk for the south campus.

No, it goes to a stop about 10 minutes walk from the campus. Considering where you live it'll cut about 10 minutes off your walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Can I recommend an alternative mode of transport?

pennyfarthing.JPG

or maybe something a tad more modern...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

If you live near enough to Maynooth you nearly would be better off cycling, it would also be cheaper in the long run.

Cycling would be the better option, just make sure you have rain gear.

Also, a good chain would help too. And one for the bike too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

i hate the 67a bus so much, it makes me almost as angry as txtspk.

Feckin thing can take anywhere from half an hour/90mins to get to Celbridge, been on one or two where there's been nobody on it except me at Salesian College and the driver actually went to stop there, and told me this was the last stop, until I argued with him for ages, AND there's no bus back to Celbridge between half 5 and 7pm, AND it's on top of a bloody hill.

Cycle, or walk, seriously, relying on that heap of poo isn't worth it when you could get to college so much quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

What is the story with the absolutely terrible bus links to Maynooth??

Considering it's a university town it's disgraceful!

Dublin Bus, in their wisdom, have decided to put huge gaps in their timetable just when people aiming for a 10am lecture need them - it's a nightmare.

Add to that the fact that very often the bus is already too full and wont stop so you have to wait at least 40mins for the next one.

I've only been there two days and already I hate the commute. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

that's dublin bus for ya! get used to waiting around college/dunnes for ages, it's one of the many perks of commuting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

that's dublin bus for ya! get used to waiting around college/dunnes for ages, it's one of the many perks of commuting!

Yeah, I've commuted all my life but the Maynooth service is in a league of its own.

I actually don't mind waiting around Maynooth too much - it's having to stand for over an hour and a half in the rain waiting for a bus TO Maynooth in the morning that gets to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

It's not even the dublin bus! I commuted all during my work experience from Trim, and I'm telling you that bus was dire!! Left over 15 minutes early one day, then 20 minuts late the next. And just didn't turn up one evening and left a group of us waiting around until we got lifts home!!
    *rants further about damn transport*

oh my god i didnt realise it'd be this bad!!! i presumed, what with it being a "university town" and all there'd at least be decent bus links to the uni!!! The bike will be coming up with me so.....the rain will kill me!!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

How's the train? I've heard it's pretty good, I'll be getting the train from Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Cycling would be your best option. If cycling, go through the South Campus, to avoid the main road, if going to the North Campus.

the_syco wrote: »
    Cycling would be your best option. If cycling, go through the South Campus, to avoid the main road, if going to the North Campus.

You mean the same south campus you're not actually allowed cycle through part of

are there any shortcuts through town to the south campus from Greenfield shopping centre (maxol station) <or more accuratly Griffin Rath Hall> or is the main road the quickest way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

are there any shortcuts through town to the south campus from Greenfield shopping centre (maxol station) <or more accuratly Griffin Rath Hall> or is the main road the quickest way?

Hmmmm....You could divert yourself across the canal going down by the train station and when you've reached the bridge, go right and down the hump and head to south campus there. However, I'm sure you'd be adding time rather than cutting time.

Main road would be your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Is there a back way into the Old Campus from the Beaufiled direction? It's going to be pretty annoying to have to walk down beside the college wall, and seeing the buildings (Logic house mainly) I'm meant to be in but having to walk all the way around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You mean the same south campus you're not actually allowed cycle through part of
    Aye. That's the one. It's the one with the road going most of the way through. Sure, you'll have to push the bike for 2 or 3 minutes, but that's no big deal, as it's mainly up hill.

Advertisement