Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kakha Kaladze scored two own goals for Italy.

• 08-09-2009 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

TWO own goals by Kakha Kaladze, who plays for AC Milan, in the WC qualifier game between Georgia and Italy.

Watch the goals again and imagine that you are Kaladze. Think about what you should be trying to do, and what he actually does. Remember that this guy is not some Titus Bramble retard defender. He's played for Milan for nearly 10 years, and has two Champion's League medals.

Kaladze and Belusconi are great friends.

With his strong links to Italy, and Berlusconi, and their many links to corruption and match fixing, coupled with the fact that Georgia were already eliminated and had nothing to lose...

Every time I watch the goals it looks worse again. It's not even like a normal own goal, where the ball just bounces off the defender and goes in. He had so much time to deal with both balls and managed to direct them both into the goal. Even his reaction afterward seems "put on".

The whole thing is bizarre to say the least.

What does boards think? Conspiracy theory BS, or do all the pieces fit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

It seems strange alright. The technique used in both attempted clearances was completely wrong for what you'd hope he was trying to do and would be something you'd associate with an amateur defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I'm not sure those goals even happened. They look like holograms to me, possibly orchestrated by lizards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

that second goal was a cracker ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Surely if it was some conspiracy they could think of somthing a bit more subtle than scoring 2 OG's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Was watching the Ireland match with an italian

as soon as news came thru he smiled, stood up and gave the international symbol of the brown envelope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Titus Bramble says

EckzkmShbV_o-reilly.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Georgia couldn't qualify so it does make sense, they had nothing to lose. Italy have scraped through a load of matches esp their match against Montenegro. I'm sure Mr. Burlesconi was getting worried and did something about it. Quick word in the ear of Kaladze and of course a big wad of cash to seal the deal.

REALLY hope we do a number on them in Croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

eddiehead wrote: »
    Surely if it was some conspiracy they could think of somthing a bit more subtle than scoring 2 OG's

maybe that's what they want you to think...............

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

PCros wrote: »
    Georgia couldn't qualify so it does make sense, they had nothing to lose. Italy have scraped through a load of matches esp their match against Montenegro I'm sure Mr. Burlesconi was getting worried.

Eh, how do you expect us to do that when Berlusconi managed to get the tools in Merrion Square to install an ITALIAN as the manager of our team?!

It's plain as day now why Andy Reid and Lee Carsley are being shunned, why no real attempt is being made to get Stephen Ireland back into the fold.

The plan will be complete when the baffling decision to start Shay Given on the bench against Italy in Croker becomes apparent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭RKDus

PCros wrote: »
    Georgia couldn't qualify so it does make sense, they had nothing to lose. Italy have scraped through a load of matches esp their match against Montenegro. I'm sure Mr. Burlesconi was getting worried and did something about it. Quick word in the ear of Kaladze and of course a big wad of cash to seal the deal.

Me too, I just hope we don't have any Italians involved in the Irish setup :pac:

spockety wrote: »
    Eh, how do you expect us to do that when Berlusconi managed to get the tools in Merrion Square to install an ITALIAN as the manager of our team?!

It's plain as day now why Andy Reid and Lee Carsley are being shunned, why no real attempt is being made to get Stephen Ireland back into the fold.

The plan will be complete when the baffling decision to start Shay Given on the bench against Italy in Croker becomes apparent.

Andy Reid will only play if hes allowed bring his guitar again!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Hmmmm.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

I think if there was a brown envelope involved he at least would have waited until 70 odd minutes and see if Italy would take the lead before he madean idiot of himself.

However on the other hand like it has already been pointed out, they're good finishes, normally own goals are unfortunate ricochets or a defender been caught in 2 minds regards clearing the ball. perhaps the lads at AC have some dirt on Kaladze!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Berlesconi would be too busy with beautiful mistresses to be involved in any sort of corruption. Also surely one OG would suffice for them to lose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Good finishes though for a defender.

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

Captain of his country and seasoned pro. Those were no mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

what utterly ridiculous defending. seems harder to score from those positions than to clear.

I suspect there's nothing to it, but I really do think there should be some form of formal investigation into it as it's certainly a bizarre set of coincidences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

RKDus wrote: »
    Titus Bramble retard defender.

Goes to show how much football you've watched over the past few seasons.

Berlesconi would be too busy with beautiful mistresses to be involved in any sort of corruption. Also surely one OG would suffice for them to lose

Yeah but it was probably just Kaladze who knew, if he had of settled with the one OG you never know Georgia might have scored on in the dying minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Didn't Buffon have to save a potential own goal at the end too?

Xavi6 wrote: »

Yeah recently hes been good for Wigan but before that my god he was muck!

Christ, it was just a figure of speech...
    And yes actually, I do watch a lot of football.

Christ, it was just a figure of speech...
    And yes actually, I do watch a lot of football.

It was a pretty poor comparison to be fair considering how good he's been in the last few years. He gets a lot of unfair stick despite turning his career around.

Now if you had've said Paul McShane.... ;)

Anyway, OT, I don't think there's anything in it. Both were just rash attempts to clear the ball. No need for the tinfoil hats.

It was a pretty poor comparison to be fair considering how good he's been in the last few years. He gets a lot of unfair stick despite turning his career around.

Now if you had've said Paul McShane.... ;)

Anyway, OT, I don't think there's anything in it. Both were just rash attempts to clear the ball. No need for the tinfoil hats.

McShane! Lets pretend I said McShane :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

my god, how pathetic! maybe I am starting to hope the bulgarians do beat them followed by us a croker, and the italians can stay at home for the world cup, given their history, league, population and resources, that they had to rely on 2 very questionnable own goals is a joke! i actually feel sick! I can see how the first one went in, but the header? that is just pushing it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I'm pretty sure no brown envelope was involved, do you really think that Italy need to bribe Kaladze win against Georgia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

I'm pretty too!

creggy wrote: »
    I'm pretty no brown envelope was involved, do you really think that Italy need to bribe Kaladze win against Georgia?

Well they didn't score any goals in that game by themselves, and they hadn't scored a goal in their previous three games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

If anyone has actually seen the highlights they will see that Buffon pulled off one of the finest saves I've seen for a good few years and generally had a very good match. Maybe they paid him off too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Well they didn't score any goals in that game by themselves, and they hadn't scored a goal in their previous three games.

Oh really? I really need to keep tabs on other teams in Ireland's group. I'll be watching Italy on Wednesday with great interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

some of the replies here make me laugh, "there couldnt possibly be anything dodgy going on with the Italian FA or players" given their previous record its a bit of an ignorant statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

italian football is rotten to the core

anyways nothing beats this own goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Wasn't he injured for ages and completely not match fit when he played. Could have accounted for the mistakes

rossie1977 wrote: »
    italian football is rotten to the core

anyways not beats this own goal

These come close though -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

They are just two bad mistakes. The first one I've seen done before, caught in two minds and didnt get enough on the header. The second one skips up off the ground very quickly and in the replays its hard to see what part of his leg it hit but I think he shinned it.

It would be the most blatent, unsubtle examples of match fixing ever if it was true.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Seems a bit dodgy, especially the second one. Ronaldo would have been proud of that strike. Given the history of corruption in Italian football, nothing would surprise me.

For a defender who has played at the top for so long, those are ridiculous mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1588881/the_best_own_goals_of_all_time/

The last one in that video is epic.Some of them would be goals of the season if it had been in the right end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TpVbkYUNm4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Second goal is way too good a finish for him to mean it.

Unearthly wrote: »
    I'm not sure those goals even happened. They look like holograms to me, possibly orchestrated by lizards.

I agree, Berlusconi is a bit of a lizard :p

• Advertisement

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Second goal is way too good a finish for him to mean it.

Why did he hit it with his left? What direction did he want it to go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Why did he hit it with his left? What direction did he want it to go?

He swipes at it with his right.

If he hit it with his left it would of been a world class finish.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

The plot thickens... Sean St. Ledger has been spotted leaving the Burlesconi reidence with a large bluge in his inside jacket pocket, mumbling the instructions: "be fit for the game... be fit for the game" to himself... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Well if it takes two own goals to beat Georgia then we have a shot of given it them at Croker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Neil3030 wrote: »
    The plot thickens... Sean St. Ledger Kevin Kilbane has been spotted leaving the Burlesconi reidence with a large bluge in his inside jacket pocket, mumbling the instructions: "be fit for the game... be fit for the game" to himself... :eek:

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

eddiehead wrote: »
    Exactly.
    Berlesconi would be too busy with beautiful mistresses to be involved in any sort of corruption.
    Surely you're not serious. I think he finds plenty of time for both.
    DoireNod wrote: »
    Captain of his country and seasoned pro. Those were no mistakes.
    He has always been a bit rubbish though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Remember that this guy is not some Titus Bramble retard defender.
    Haha.

Look at Lippi's reaction to both goals

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Yeah, otherwise you would've said Richard Dunne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Could be something in it, could be nothing to do with Lippi, the Italian FA or Burlesconi......could be much further down the ladder, a business associate returning a favour or a quick word in the ear...."nod a couple towards goal see what comes off, we'll probably score 1 or 2 ourselves so no one will notice"

in Italian of course :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement