Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Outlook Express Help

• 08-09-2009 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

I've just received my laptop back from my ex employer and Outlook has been removed.
    Whats the best solution for me? Do I just download outlook express? Can I use windows live for my non-msn account? Its a POP3 account (I think?)

Help!!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

It depends on what you need to do and what kind of mail accounts you're planning on using. A lot of mail providers will offer web-based access, allowing you to skip installing a mail client at all. The likes of Hotmail seem to prefer web-based access as that means you get served up with adverts, and I imagine that applies for any free webmail provider...

If you want to use a mail client, I'd strongly suggest ThunderBird. You could try to use Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail as I think it's now called (haven't touched it in years and am loathe to go back even just to look at it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

If its XP then outlook express should be already on it.
    If its Vista then its Windows Mail.
    Both should be in your programs directory.

Other wise +1 on Thunderbird its a great client.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

if you need to access a PST then try the trial version of office 2007 and export the emails during the trial period

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Bodan

I just changed from Outlook Express to Windows Live mail, thanks to OE not supporting Hotmail any more. Im very impressed with WLM, that i wished i had changed earlier. You can have multiple accounts and the Calendar kicks ass(yes a calender). :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Bodan wrote: »
    I just changed from Outlook Express to Windows Live mail, thanks to OE not supporting Hotmail any more. Im very impressed with WLM, that i wished i had changed earlier. You can have multiple accounts and the Calendar kicks ass(yes a calender). :)

I still use Hotmail within my outlook Express. Were you not sent an email re how to set it up after the 1st of September?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Bodan

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    I still use Hotmail within my outlook Express. Were you not sent an email re how to set it up after the 1st of September?

I just looked it up now and noticed that its now possible to use pop3. If i had known that, i probably would not have changed. But i really like Windows Live mail and the features it has, that i wont be changing back.

though, thanks for the heads up.

Advertisement