Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do u get rid of woodlice

Options
  • 08-09-2009 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭

dont know where this thread should be but anyone know how to get rid of woodlice from the house. do those electronic thingys work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm not sure whether to move this to Home & Garden or Animal/Pet Issues. Let's try the Animals forum.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Aparently you can eat them..bit like shrimp but in case you don't want to they love dark wooden places like behind skirting etc. So block off as many holes around the house as you can and if you find the area they are coming in block it off as well but for the ones that already have moved in I think I saw a spray in the hardware shop although be careful whereabout you spray those kind of things keep windows open and room well ventilated and pets and kids away etc. Perhaps starting at one room at a time starting with the front and back door areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭LisaO

Woodlice tend to like dark places & damp wood - peel the bark off an old dead tree branch to see them in their natural habitat!

They do no harm but can understand they can be a little unsettling, especially for those not keen on insects!

Not sure if the electronic repeller devices would work - we have them (to deter larger, furrier pests) and although we don't have any woodlice in the house we do have plently of spiders, so maybe they don't affect insects at all?

Advertisement