Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WRC Australia - Hirvonen handed victroy after investigation

• 08-09-2009 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭

Hirvonen handed victory by stewards

Pity to see this. Now he's 5 points ahead of Loeb. That means even if Loeb wins the two remaining rallies all Mikko has to do is finish second. It was really close before this decision with only a point seperating them.
    Loeb will probably win Spain alright, but Wales was anyones rally. Sordo now needs to be used in Loeb's title fight.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

In fairness anything can happen so I wouldn't write Loeb off just yet.

After Loeb won the first five in a row I had the championship written off, but now it's interesting again.

I hope Hirvonen wins it. The WRC needs something serious to reignite peoples interest in it and a different champion would be a start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I'd love to see him win it too, but I'd hate to see him win as a result of this decision. Loeb to win in Spain and Hirvonen to win in GB would be the best result! That way it would negate the Stewards decision here.
    Next year should spice things up though with the S2000 classification. New manufacturers coming in and more drivers will liven it up. Oiger looks good, Petter and Chris Atkison both would get drives, and there's bound to be a few more coming up the ranks too. A few more manufacturers in the mix will add to the excitement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭hi_sir

hope mikko gets this years champ but its far from over yet mikko ill be looking at best for a third in spain and then Gb the one loeb has never dominated only the one win to show you would have to say the fords should have the advantage there then throw solberg in the mix dont then he'll feature as much in spain tar was never his good surface corsica in 03 the last time to win on tar and he got lucky with tyres then,but hes had a great record in gb thats where he could damage mikkos challange

but citroens punnishment wasnt that harsh rember when ford got the five min penealty for the tin windows now i suspose it helps when your a french company any the fia are based in paris but it could be a stupid mistake by citroen that could cost loeb the title

anyway it would be great to see mikko the first ford man since vatanen in 81 to lift the drivers title

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

id absolutely love for Hirvonen to win the title as im sick of seeing Loeb win all around him and theres only a few drivers that can mount a serious challenge against him and Hirvonen would be at the top of that list. but i dont think even Hirvonen himself would want to win as a result of decisions like this, he'd prefer to beat Loeb outright. still 2 rounds left and only 5 points between em so its far from decided yet

Advertisement