Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairs

Options
  • 08-09-2009 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

My mother sent her TV off to be repaired and the guy brought it back said it was fixed and charged her €300. The same problem started again as soon as she turned it on (it switches itself off). The guy took it back again and said he couldn't find the problem, he said it wouldn't cost her anymore the last time he took it. It since turned out that the problem is the bulb in the TV, he's now saying that it will cost her at least another €200. Can anyone advise me if he is basically ripping her off as he didn't repair it in the forst place (he saying they cleaned it out, but that did not fix it), it says on her receipt "repairs".
    Thank you for any advice you can give me.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If its a old CRT TV it sounds lik the tube is fecked, might as well buy a new TV at that price.

The first fee of 300e shouldn't have been charged as he clearly didn't fix it, if however he can fix it for 200e then thats fine but he should be refunding the 300e already pauid imho.

Might be an idea to ask what exactly does "cleaned it out" mean because it sounds like a bull**** response.

Advertisement