Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start me up

Options
  • 08-09-2009 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

This is my problem fellow board peeps. I do not have a laser card, credit card etc. But I overheard people talking before about how they just played on some site won money from a tournament and from that continued on playing money games? Can anyone shed any light on this, is it true? I really want to get into the money games but dont have a credit card or laser and I'm not flush with cash, I play free online poker most days. Thanks in advance for any help

P.S I'm running a form of linux so it wont execute exe files it kind of has to be software working on site and 1 that you dont have to download?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

I think your better off posting this in the finance related forum - there you will get good advice on not getting a credit card and falling into the Poker after Dark glamour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

My advice is not to bother. Your business plan of playing poker for cash yet you have none has some gaping holes tbh.

Or read all of this and when you are ready both Paddy power and Boyles accept deposits in their bookies shops. Play micro stakes games until you build up enough of a bank roll to start moving through the levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

not having a laser/credit card i can solve.

Why not deposit in a bettin office. Boyles, bruce and Paddy all allow this . Boyles you can withdraw too. This maybe available via bruces and paddies as well.

Use a site that has ukash or Paysafe ireland cards. Simply go into a shop buy the card and deposit.

Many online sites spring to mind PokerStars and Bruces ( although Bruces is in Dollars and you have guestimate the euro to dollar rate, not ideal but i have spoken to them about it)

There are sites that offer freerolls, which you can win cash. You still have to prove your age and who you are to withdraw.

Linux issue is a mad one - i guess i will leave that one to someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

Pretty sure Paddy Power has a flash based system on their site which you can play poker on.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

OP, it is possible in theory, as most sites offer freerolls with cash prizes, but these cash prizes are tiny. There might be a $200 freeroll with hundreds or thousands of entries and less than $50 for the winner. Winning one of these events in itself is a difficult proposition due to the number of entries. Then if you want to go and play cash games with it you would be restricted to tiny limits.

While it is technically possible to do so, it is really difficult to get started and to have enough money to make money. As said above, the easiest way to approach this would be to use a site where you can deposit money through a bookie shop, apply proper bankroll management and have discipline and move from the micro stake levels up when you can. This is not an easy task though for many people.

If you cannot afford to deposit money at all, then you really should find another past time as poker can be an expensive game to learn, and sometimes even more expensive when you have (or think you have) learnt it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

Go to the online tournament forum, theres a freeroll on devilfish poker tonight with 726euro up. I doubt there would be thousands of players to. May get you started. You can also play within your browser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

A mate of mine recently turned $0 to $3500 on pokerstars. He cashed in 2 massive freeroles for something like $50 then finished deep in a 45k garunteed tourney, took down a $10 yamaha tourney and then finished 3rd in the 18k. Hes a complete lucksack but a great run all the same.

However may i add that he spunked it all away by usual acts of degeneracy shortstacking 10-20 and d like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

His Sn is Irish Rebel if anyone wants to try check this up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

VCpoker (Victor Chandler) give $10 cash to play with and a $25 bonus to clear and Poker770 give $7.70 cash plus a bonus and some tournament tokens.

The but is that they're still going to want a deposit for ID purposes if you ever want to take money off the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 HibsAreIt

Just go through henndon mob and get some free money on a few sitess:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Gerry81

Bb4sure wrote: »
    This is my problem fellow board peeps. I do not have a laser card, credit card etc. But I overheard people talking before about how they just played on some site won money from a tournament and from that continued on playing money games? Can anyone shed any light on this, is it true? I really want to get into the money games but dont have a credit card or laser and I'm not flush with cash, I play free online poker most days. Thanks in advance for any help

P.S I'm running a form of linux so it wont execute exe files it kind of has to be software working on site and 1 that you dont have to download?
    can't help with the linux but here's a link for $100 no deposit bonus from full tilt, enjoy. http://www.freepokercashbankroll.com/#a_aid=gerry81

Advertisement