Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bussing from Barna

Options
  • 08-09-2009 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Salthill is good location wise but I don't see what the big deal is. Just a bunch of houses. Anyone know if their are regular buses from Barna or would you need a car? Much better apartments out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

There are some buses, but they aren't very regular. if you haven't got a car, look no further than Knocknacarra for accommodation (and even then, Knocknacarra is a pain in the arse to live in without one).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭HotDogger

That sucks. Why don't they just run a few more buses?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Bearna is in the county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭HotDogger

boggers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

HotDogger wrote: »

Idiocy, thats why!

Ignore the red City Direct buses in Knocknacarra. Pretend they dont exist, because they're as useless as if they werent there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Idiocy, thats why!

Ignore the red City Direct buses in Knocknacarra. Pretend they dont exist, because they're as useless as if they werent there at all.
    not true, the red buses are great

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

DRakE wrote: »
    not true, the red buses are great
    The trick is to rock up 15 minutes early or late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

They're an absolutely shocking service. Never on time (far far worse than BE), abusive drivers who tell you where to stuff it if people say "the bus is late", terrible frequency and run down, old clanky buses that belong on the scrap heap.

They make Bus Eireann look like Deutsche Bahn compared to Irish Rail.

Absolute shambles of a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I will be getting the bus from Barna every week day morning now that my car is borked.

:(

Not looking like fun in the winter.

My personal experience of the bus service out in Barna is that you need to turn up + and - 10 minutes before the advertised time to make sure you get the bus, for BE anyhow.

I won't take the red bus unless I have to, one of the drivers was extremely rude and was overcharging according to the fare notice in the bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I won't take the red bus unless I have to, one of the drivers was extremely rude and was overcharging according to the fare notice in the bus.

You may be just the man I'm looking for!

Can you confirm that the red bus is still operating the 35 - Barna service? (I've heard various stories.)

And what their advertised fares are?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Heheh.

For the same reason there's sewage re-routed into our drinking water, fu€k all public spaces, no cycle lanes, the monegeisha junction, ugly damp apartments complexes and dogs roaming randomly all over the streets: because you're in Galway and to do something properly would require forethought, a lack of greed and a desire to make this a happier place to be.

My advice: move to Salthill, you can walk to city from there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Anyone know if their are regular buses from Barna or would you need a car?
    Depending on how much of your life you want to waste waiting for a bus which may or may not turn up, I'd just get a car. I spend enough hours waiting for buses in the pissing rain that I swore as soon as I could afford it I'd buy a car. And I did!

Advertisement