Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-ray required for WHV - is this unusual?

Options
  • 08-09-2009 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I just applied for the 1 year WHV and now have to go for a chest x-ray to be included on the application. Has anyone ever come across this before? I know loads of people who have gone on this visa and never heard of anyone being asked to have a chest x-ray. I have spent a good bit of time in Asia - this is the only reason I can think of why this is required.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I just applied for the 1 year WHV and now have to go for a chest x-ray to be included on the application. Has anyone ever come across this before? I know loads of people who have gone on this visa and never heard of anyone being asked to have a chest x-ray. I have spent a good bit of time in Asia - this is the only reason I can think of why this is required.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

This has always been the case for those people who intend on working with Children and for Nurses/Doctors.

Chest X-rays are for indication of TB.

If you are intending on working in schools, hospitals or old people homes.

Asia is a TB Hotspot.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Hanumanmaman

Thanks for the reply Mandrake, I've no intention of going near children or hospitals so it must be the time spent in Asia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Thanks for the reply Mandrake, I've no intention of going near children or hospitals so it must be the time spent in Asia

No worries I didn't need one for my 417 WHV (2004) but did require an X-Ray when applying for my 457 Sponsored visa (2005) and my PR Visa (2008).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

Yeah my g/f had to do one as she'd lived in China for over a year. Normal afaik for people that have higher risk of TB.

Advertisement