Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Between Two Worlds by I

Options
  • 08-09-2009 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

This excellent album features members of Immortal, Enslaved, Audrey Horne, Sahg and Gorgoroth. If you like Immortal in any way, especially the latter albums like 'Sons of Northern Darkness' & 'At The Heart of Winter' and classic heavy metal in general you will really love this album. The first track 'The Storm I Ride' is a real scorcher and a great opener just like 'One by One' from Sons of Northern Darkness' minus the blast beats and with more lead guitaring from the excellent Ice Dale of Enslaved fame. Demonaz from Immortal was also responsible for all the lyrics.

The sound is probably a very good cross between newer Immoral (minus any blast beats), Motörhead and Bathory. The riffing is
    relatively simple but highly effective. Some songs remind me of '13 Candles, Blood Fire Death, Enter The Eternal Fire and maybe One Rode to Asa Bay' by Bathory because they have that atmosphere. Other songs bring back memories of Immortal's latter matrial like 'Tyrants, Beyond The North Waves and parts of In My Kingdom Cold'. Their are quite a good few standout tracks most notably 'The Storm I Ride, Warriors, Between Two Worlds, Cursed We Are, Mountains, Days of North Winds and the very impressive 'Far Beyond The Quite' with its majestic and stunning guitar riff that is a tribute to Bathory and the late great Quorthon.

I would would really recommend that you buy the Digi Pac of this album because both 'Bridges on Fire' & Shadowed Realms' are magnificent tracks and by no means filler. The drumming is actually excellent as well, and is courtesy of Armagedda who originally appeared on Immortals first debut album way back in 1992. Buy this album and you will be very impressed.

I would give this a score of 9.5/10

Advertisement