Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring data between N95 and N97

• 08-09-2009 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

What's the best way to get all my data from my old N95 to my new N97?

I'm trying to use the Switch App (via Bluetooth) that comes pre loaded on both phones but so far I have only gotten it to transfer the Calendar data.

Comments

You could try transferring the data through your computer. Nokia have a program called Nokia PC Suite. Normally get it on a cd with the phone, but i think u can get it on their website.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

i used the switch app last week to transfer from an n95 to an n97. worked fine without a problem :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I used the switch application for contacts, calendar, notes too without issue over bluetooth

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Random wrote: »
    I used the switch application for contacts, calendar, notes too without issue over bluetooth

got it to work for contacts and calendar.

does it not work for images/videos etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

PH4T wrote: »

In the image folder, you can select 'mark all' videos and images and then select send by bluetooth. You dont have to send one at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

I think if you send by bluetooth you will need to transfer to a location one by one. I used PC in data transfer mode over the weekend as I was transferring about 6GB. Takes an age but it's a copy and paste with explorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

Dermoth wrote: »
    I think if you send by bluetooth you will need to transfer to a location one by one. I used PC in data transfer mode over the weekend as I was transferring about 6GB. Takes an age but it's a copy and paste with explorer.

I was able to transfer all the videos and music via my PC and data transfer mode. I could transfer most of the other stuff via bluetooth.

The only thing I haven't transfered now is text messages. It won't work via bluetooth (maybe because there are two many). Is there any other way to do this?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

PH4T wrote: »
    got it to work for contacts and calendar.

ahh yeah, i figured it was something to do with the images and video being on the images and video being on the memory card and trying to transfer to the internal memory on the n97 so i just put the memory card into the n97 itself

Advertisement