Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh look! It's raining again!

Options
  • 08-09-2009 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Why won't it stop!! I've to wait for my only pair of shoes to dry so I can leave the house

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I need to cut the grass but it won't stay dry long enough for the grass to dry properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

Magnus wrote: »
    I need to cut the grass but it won't stay dry long enough for the grass to dry properly.

You can swing by my place when you're done with the mower !!.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It will be dry and warm for the next week , starting tomorrow , please shut this thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Magnus wrote: »

I fought with mine for nearly 2 hours last Friday (fully dry out my side all day). Tough bloody job, grass still soaked underneath, never again:mad:
    Sponge Bob wrote: »
    It will be dry and warm for the next week , starting tomorrow , please shut this thread :D

Shhhhhhhh, don't curse it:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Hmm I wouldn't mind some nice weather, but heading to funeral on the weekend :( Still though, a 'final' bbq would be nice Tomorrow/Thursday, then Coldplay on Monday woohoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm being driven mad at night. I can't sleep in my bedroom because the fire alarm beebs every 2 seconds because "somebody", "accidently" pressed that instead of the light switch when coming home from the pub on Sunday. So I sleep on the couch in the sitting room but right outside that window in a galvanised shed roof that sounds like 400 drummers learning how to break a drum kit when it rains.

Col200sx wrote: »
    I fought with mine for nearly 2 hours last Friday (fully dry out my side all day). Tough bloody job, grass still soaked underneath, never again:mad:
    Yeah, that's what happened last time I cut it, grass wasn't really dry and kept sticking to everything. Poor mower, poor me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

ScumLord wrote: »
    I'm being driven mad at night. I can't sleep in my bedroom because the fire alarm beebs every 2 seconds because "somebody", "accidently" pressed that instead of the light switch when coming home from the pub on Sunday.

Ah, take the battery out?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

ronnie3585 wrote: »

I hope you're taking the p1ss here?

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    It's a system in an apartment block, it's the main box down the hall that's beebing and it won't stop until the plate in the box thingie is replaced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The last 31 days - in Oranmore anyway - only 5 days with no rain.

untitled.JPG

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Why won't it stop!! I've to wait for my only pair of shoes to dry so I can leave the house
    boards.ie > Region > West > Galway City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Solution: Buy another pair of shoes you cheapjack!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭hairyleprechaun

DRakE wrote: »

Yeah, I suppose, it always rains in Galway even when it's not raining anywhere else, although as soon as I posted here it seemed to stop raining!

On the issue with the one pair of shoes, (I had a feelin someone might mention it) I should have clearer, I only brought one pair of shoes with me from home leaving the rest at home, I even forgot my phone charger, on the plus side I've had lots of beer at the back to college sessions to help me forget about my woes.

anyway, shoppin is fer the women folk

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Even when it stops raining, the ground will still be wet. So your shoes will get wet again as soon as you go out. So why wait???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Lovely morning, hopefully this is the start of something good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

The last 31 days - in Oranmore anyway - only 5 days with no rain.
    Just wondering how you gather this data and publish it, or does this belong to someone else? - http://www.oranmoreweather.com/

....sorry was looking a bit closer this time, just saw the weather network info

Please let it be dry until the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Ohh looks ok today...ish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

why not buy water proof shoes? Lots of nice models available these days

• Advertisement

mike kelly wrote: »
    why not buy water proof shoes? Lots of nice models available these days

waterproof shoes? tell me more please! where, when and how much?

You mean wellies?

There's a big ball of fire in the sky, run! Run for your lives!!!

ScumLord wrote: »
    There's a big ball of fire in the sky, run! Run for your lives!!!

It truly is a magnificent thing, on the rare occasion I get to witness it, it fills me with wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

It's booty-ful!!!!

Oh my Lord, it's beautiful!!

Spanish Arch here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Is it because of this thread? If we keep it alive, it might stay nice!

Oooh it's just SO good to have some dry, warm weather! :D

Advertisement