Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G / non 3G

• 08-09-2009 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

At the moment I have an E51 which has 3G. I do want to change my phone and have been looking at the Nokia 6303 which doesnt have 3G

I think 3G has something to do with the internet on the phone and what sites you can access. Can anyone tell me if this is correct?

I do use email and internet a lot on my phone.

I tried googling 3G but anything that I come up with is like double dutch to me.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

if you use the internet and email a lot on your phone then yes, you need 3G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

you can do video calls with 3G, also

for email it doesn't really make a scrap of a difference.

3G is a completely different network, not compatible with ordinary GSM. the 3G phone is more future proof than GSM. but I don't think GSM networks will be scrapped any time soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You'll notice a major difference with video streaming websites and things with gprs and 3g

for low or moderate use gprs / edge should do the job but otherwise get 3g.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Thanks everyone
    I def need a 3G phone then. the 6303 is out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement