Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor For GAming Movies

Options
  • 08-09-2009 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi !

Im just about to order my new pc
    ( http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-197-OK&tool=5 ) and im looking for some good monitor .
    I mostly would use it for playing and watch movies, i easily spend 5 hours with games so i would need smthing good.
    My budget is 330 and thats the max
    I live in Dublin , but couldnt find any good local dealer.

And tell yours opinion about this system as well bcz i havent ordered yet, just wana make sure its a good deal :)

THX

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭yoshx

oh , i just realized they have no hdmi thats why so cheap..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

yoshx wrote: »
    oh , i just realized they have no hdmi thats why so cheap..

just wondering what games you're planning on playing on these monitors. The 4850 graphics card in the pc you bought is not great at 1080(depending on the game)

well, i would like to play with all new fps games, also looking foward to pls sc2

i didnt order the machine yet- but maybe i would willing to invest a bit more in order to save more in long term

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-198-OK&groupid=43&catid=1444&subcat=

what about this ? this has :- Nvidia GTS 250 1024MB Graphics Card

would this card manage it ?

thx for fast rply

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Don't buy form OCUK, they're registered for vat here and will change the vatrate at checkout as soon as You input an Irish address, it'll cost more than You realise

And even before the vat those prices aren't great!(for what you're getting)

Here's a tri-core 2.8ghz amd be, a 4890 and a 23" monitor. It includes it being built and it's €30 shipping. This was made on hardwareversand.de

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

AFAIK there's a €700 cap on the budget. I'll try and stick something up shortly :)

Is it not more like €780?

He said so himself in a PM ;)

In budget, corners cut :rolleyes:

HWVS080909.png

To keep it at €700 shipped I had to downgrade the graphics (still good for 1080p gaming though!) and leave out additional cooling. But the monitor is 1080p, and it has a HDMI port. Plus the HD4870 has a decent cooler ;)

• Advertisement

You'd want to get the hx450 instead of the vx450 as the vx only has one pci-e power connector which is a 6pin too.

It's only a couple of euro more anyway

D'oh. Thought it was the HX. Too much paint all over the place, can't see a thing! :D

:D:D:D: THx guys who wants to come over to my place to build this computer ? i live in dublin 22, will pay in pencakes :)

yoshx wrote: »
    :D:D:D: THx guys who wants to come over to my place to build this computer ? i live in dublin 22, will pay in pencakes :)

Hardwareversand.de the website which this is got from do it for 20euro!!!

Just so you know you'll need an operating system for this.... You did know that right?

but i wanna use my own xp on it i just sent the money today its 785 with dead pixelcheck costed extra 20 . Just not sure that all cables r included i will build myself just wont overclok it -guy thx for all help u all invited to my pencake party :)
    Effluo wrote: »
    Hardwareversand.de the website which this is got from do it for 20euro!!!

Just so you know you'll need an operating system for this.... You did know that right?

+

Yeah all the cables are included. If you follow the instructions from the motherboard it's really not too difficult. Just do some reading of the manuals before messing around with it.

Also don't forget to ground yourself every so often by touching some metal electrical device that it plugged in or just touching a radiator.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

I've been researching LCD monitors pretty regularly for the past couple of weeks. I've never had one before and I didn't want to get stuck something laggy, so at the moment I'm set on a BenQ G2400WD if it's possible to get one. It's probably the most recommended LCD on the anandtech forums for gaming with it's low input lag. If I can't get one of those I will probably settle for the Samsung T240 which is around the same price. I've heard mostly good reviews of it, a few complaints of lag which is a little concerning, so if anyone has any experience with it please fill me in.

BenQ G2400WD has 5 ms

Samsung T240 seems to be a good choice has 24" and 2 ms response time

i went for LG Flatron W2261VP its onlz 22" , 2ms

Advertisement