Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor soccer - Kildare / Newbridge?

Options
  • 08-09-2009 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Was wondering if anyone knows of a spare spot for indoor soccer? I am looking for a game some evening at 8pm in either Kildare or Newbridge. Just looking to try and get fit and would prefer to play with people who are looking for the same - ie not going home with a broken leg!!!!

Anyone know of any - or where I would go about starting to look for a game?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

twenty8 wrote: »
    Was wondering if anyone knows of a spare spot for indoor soccer? I am looking for a game some evening at 8pm in either Kildare or Newbridge. Just looking to try and get fit and would prefer to play with people who are looking for the same - ie not going home with a broken leg!!!!

Anyone know of any - or where I would go about starting to look for a game?

Thanks

I would also be up for something like this , in the Newbridge/ Nass area , I play twice a week in Clondalkin astro pitches if its any use to you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Why dont the two of ye get a team each from where ye work/ team of mates and play each other.

You can get a database of players and put them all on www.teamer.net (site that sends messages out for ye) and then go from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

I would also be up for something like this , in the Newbridge/ Nass area , I play twice a week in Clondalkin astro pitches if its any use to you ?

Count me in aswell for the newbridge naas area. Would love to get involved in a weekly game

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

Sounds interesting.

Anyone know of good indoor pitches in Kildare / Newbridge area?

I work in Dublin so getting work mates would be no good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

outdoor astroturf pitches in newbridge town fc and the sports complex, sports complex also have an indoor pitch

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I see there is something called leisureleagues.ie , they only thing is we would need to get at least 9 people together to join the league , They have league going in nass.

I could maybe get 4 or 5 players but most of the lads are Guards so some weeks they would be on nights.

I'd be on for this. I will check this out and admin it if people are happy with that or pistolpetes - please go ahead if you have a few from work

The only rules that I would insist on is that this team is for fun - ie selection is based on whoever was there last week is first in. It will probably make us uncompetitive (especially as I can hardly kick snow off a rope!!) - but will get us out and about.

agree completly with you there twenty8 - I want to this for a bit of fun. I have played in a few leagues before and they can be fairly competitive and tend to attract a minor but significant knacker element who just want to break up someone to show off.

Ideally if we could just get 10 -12 guys and throw two teams together on the night

why dont we go for a 5 aside kick around next wednesday first and see how everyone feels after that about joining a league!

I'd be on for that - but where abouts? I can't really make it before 8.

Just curious - what age is everyone? I'm 34

• Advertisement

would 8-9 suit in newbridge town on the outdoor 5aside pitch, ill see if its available?

im 22, just coming back from a broken ankle tho so dont worry :)

8 is good for me also

im in the club tomorrow so ill see is the pitch available, does someone want to take names and contact numbers (i nominate twenty8 :)) for wednesday 8pm provisionaly newbridge town fc first ten people :)

ok pitch is available 8-9 newbridge town 5 aside. . .

Great. I think Perfect Fit is going to book the pitch. Can you please PM me your details if you can make it on Wed night. I really want to have at least 7 -8 confirmed before Thuesday morning - otherwise people will get stung for booking the pitch.

It would be great to get this up and running. So - if you are in anyway interested please try and make an effort for this Wednesday night.

Thanks,

yep pitch confirmed:

Wednesday 8-9
    Newbridge Town FC

will we have ten ??

why dont we go for a 5 aside kick around next wednesday first and see how everyone feels after that about joining a league!

Hi Lads ,

I currently play twice a week , on a Monday and Wednesday in Dublin

I am 26 myself and trying to get fit as I find the gym a complete bore !!!

I would not be able to play Wednesdays or Mondays but can do Tuesdays and Thursdays , If the pitch has already been booked for this week I have no problem contributing to the cost of it , but I wont be able to play

OK - Unfortunately it looks like we don't have enough numbers to play tomorrow night.

At the moment all we have are:

Perfect Fit
    Maxwell Smart
    Twenty8 + 1

So we will have to cancel tomorrow night. Thanks a million to Perfect Fit for booking the pitch - he is a member there so there is no charge. We should be grateful!!

What do people think about playing next Tuesday night in Newbridge?? PerfectFit - do you think we could get the pitch?
    Pistol - would you be free if we played then?

We only need a few more - so see if you can get a few friends to play. PerfectFit - if you could let us know if the pitch is free that would be super. I am itching for a game!!

Thanks again,

OK - Unfortunately it looks like we don't have enough numbers to play tomorrow night.

Perfect Fit
    Maxwell Smart
    Twenty8 + 1

So we will have to cancel tomorrow night. Thanks a million to Perfect Fit for booking the pitch - he is a member there so there is no charge. We should be grateful!!

What do people think about playing next Tuesday night in Newbridge?? PerfectFit - do you think we could get the pitch?

We only need a few more - so see if you can get a few friends to play. PerfectFit - if you could let us know if the pitch is free that would be super. I am itching for a game!!

Thanks again,

I am free and should be able to get one or two extras

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Count me in for next Tuesday.

Perfect Fit
    Maxwell Smart
    Twenty8 + 1

Thanks again,

Not sure why I wasnt included in the shortlist (you must have seen me play)

But - I should be free next Tuesday night - count me in

Apologies Muletide - wasn't intentional!! ;-)

Looks like we will be on for Tuesday night if Perfectfit can get the pitch. Fingers crossed.

Pitch booked next tuesday 8-9

List(copy and paste with your own name first 10):
    1.Tommy (perfect fit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Pitch booked next tuesday 8-9

List(copy and paste with your own name first 10):
    1.Tommy (perfect fit)

I play astro Monday and Thursday, so should be free Tuesday. I'm 18. Looking to get fit again after a bad injury :/

Super - yet again well done Perfect Fit

I am in!

1.Tommy (perfect fit)
    2. Twenty8
    3. Twenty8 + 1 (Conor)

Kurtza wrote: »
    I play astro Monday and Thursday, so should be free Tuesday. I'm 18. Looking to get fit again after a bad injury :/

stick your name down :)

1.Tommy (perfect fit)
    2. Twenty8
    3. Twenty8 + 1 (Conor)
    4. Muletide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

1.Tommy (perfect fit)
    2. Twenty8
    3. Twenty8 + 1 (Conor)
    4. Muletide
    5. Maxwell Smart

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 RedNiall

Hi all. I was wondering if I could join in this game on tuesday night? Haven't played football in a couple of years and am not exactly in shape, but am interested in playing in a regular game. I live in Newbridge and am 30.

Advertisement