Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor soccer - Kildare / Newbridge?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

twenty8 wrote: »
    Fair enough. If we are trying to get a regular game we need as many as we can. I think we will try to keep it to a max of 10 after this week - but for this week tell him to come along.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

Fair play to everyone. Just had our first run out and we had 10 there. Was a good game and no injuries!!!

Can everyone who was there send me their email addresses and also a hint as to who you were (ie what top you were wearing or something!!). Let me know if you are around next Tuesday night. The 10 who were there tonight have 1st option on next week!

Let's hope they we can keep it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭cruizer22b

Fair play to everyone. Just had our first run out and we had 10 there. Was a good game and no injuries!!!

Can everyone who was there send me their email addresses and also a hint as to who you were (ie what top you were wearing or something!!). Let me know if you are around next Tuesday night. The 10 who were there tonight have 1st option on next week!

Let's hope they we can keep it going.

Great game lads I really enjoyed it.Thanks to the lads for setting it up. Ill be there next week for sure.

Twenty I have just sent you a PM with my contact details.

Thanks again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

cruizer22b wrote: »
    Great game lads I really enjoyed it.Thanks to the lads for setting it up. Ill be there next week for sure.

Twenty I have just sent you a PM with my contact details.

Thanks again.

Really enjoyed the run out lads I will pm the details on now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Thanks for the game lads - PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Really enjoyed the game, totally shattered though and I know I will feel the pain in the morning! PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 RedNiall

Very enjoyable game, both Dave and I in should be able to make it next week as well. Twenty 8 will send you on my e mail address.

Great - I am still sore!!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭cruizer22b

Great - I am still sore!!

Im not the only one so, it took me nearly 10 mins to get down the stairs the last two mornings, and about 20 to get out of the bed. im in bits. Thats the most excercise ive had in 10 years ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sami301

any chance of a game? prob short notice for tomorrow but pm if ye r short

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Tindog76

Hi, any chance of a game? Just back from a few weeks hols and could do with the exercise! :D

At the moment we are happy to stick with who we have. We have 12 players and we decided the last night that we would stick to that number for now, if it went to seven a side it would be too crowded. If you wanted to check back in a few weeks things might have changed. Alternatively you could always start a new thread and try to get another game going.

RedNiall wrote: »
    At the moment we are happy to stick with who we have. We have 12 players and we decided the last night that we would stick to that number for now, if it went to seven a side it would be too crowded. If you wanted to check back in a few weeks things might have changed. Alternatively you could always start a new thread and try to get another game going.

We should take new players on board, the bunch of 12 wont be able to play every week and you will need extras,

I look after a game on a monday and Wednesday night and we have 50 people on the list but some weeks we struggle to get 12 , granted a lot of the lads are guards and work shifts.

6 a side will be perfect for that pitch and if we get more than 12 responses to play the extras should be on stand by for drop outs , which we have had both weeks since we started playing .

You could have a point but I gave that reply as after the game the last night more people were in favour of keeping it to twelve. Tommy also said that he knew some people who could play at short notice. Having said that I do see your point, sure we can discuss it on tuesday anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

maybe with a list of 50 ya find it hard to get 12 because no one knows if there gonna get a chance to play/they might have the ah they will get someone to replace me attitude where as with 12 regulars you will always get at least 10 because they know they wil get a game and without them the game cant go ahead. that bein said im sure there will be weeks with less but a game can be easily played with 8 people and there are loads of ppl in the area that will play on short notice

if someones put on standby week after week by the time there actually needed, more than likely on short notice, they wont be arsed playing

maybe with a list of 50 ya find it hard to get 12 because no one knows if there gonna get a chance to play/they might have the ah they will get someone to replace me attitude where as with 12 regulars you will always get at least 10 because they know they wil get a game and without them the game cant go ahead. that bein said im sure there will be weeks with less but a game can be easily played with 8 people and there are loads of ppl in the area that will play on short notice

if someones put on standby week after week by the time there actually needed, more than likely on short notice, they wont be arsed playing

We run it on a first 12 back to reply basis, and with having a game on twice a week kinda covers the bases.

You correct about people in the area looking to play , as was stated in the last post, one of the lads mentioned he had mates willing to play if we were ever stuck.

If we were playing with just 8 on that size pitch you would have to pick me up off the floor in 20mins .

We are looking for 1 or 2 more players. We are regularly getting 8-10 players every week - but would be no harm in having a few more people who would be available.

Let me know if you are interested in playing. 8 - 9pm every Tuesday night in Newbridge. No injuries so far!!!

The numbers have fallen in recent weeks to around 8 regulars so if anybody would like to join us post here. We play on an astro pitch at the back of Newbridge Town football club on Tuesday night from 8 to 9.

Good little game we have going
    , give you something to do on the dark winter nights !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

I will just keep this bumped up.

Anyone else interested in joining us - Good group, Good Games - nothing too serious

Short two people for tomorrow night if there is any more people out there that fancy's a game !

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rogan91

Apologies Muletide - wasn't intentional!! ;-)

Looks like we will be on for Tuesday night if Perfectfit can get the pitch. Fingers crossed.

Hi Twenty8, I just moved to Newbridge this week. I don't know whether these games are still going on but I would love to regularly have a kick about. I used to play 5-a side at home, not the best player but I can kick a ball. If you could get back to me whenever it'd be great. thanks.