Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - Carphone Warehouse Offer - Free installation??

• 08-09-2009 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi all,

So when I heard about the UPC / Carphone Warehouse offer whereby you can get an Asus Laptop for just E1 provided you sign up for their 20MB Broadband standalone package I thought hey great, I'm going to be signing up to UPC anyway so why not avail of the Asus for the E1!

Sooo.. I rang UPC to check some T&C's of the offer and I asked whether or not installation would be free if I joined up through the Carphone Warehouse and I was assured that it would be.

So off to the Carphone warehouse I go, again I ask from the outset is installation free where I was told it was indeed, so I got out all documents to hand, gave them my DD details etc... only at the end for the sales consultant to double check with her manager that installation was free (It said so too on her computer) he rang someone else who in turn told him that it wasn't free and would cost E30.

So get home and ring UPC again, who again confirm installation is free, queue another phone call to Carphone Warehouse and they don't appear to know and couldn't give me a straight answer either way...

The Carphone Warehouses magazine doesn't make any mention with re: to installation fees with this offer and their own order form on the computer says free also.. yet staff say it's E30!

Can't get a straight answer from anyone at this point...

Any here know for sure? Or has anyone recently availed of this offer - if so were you charged an installation fee or not?
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gifedit.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭djdunny

panda, there is an installation fee of 30 euro. thats added onto your first bill. the only way you'll get free installation is if you sign up on the upc website but then unfortunately you do not qualify for the offer in CPW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

and it aint just the asus for a quid, you can choose 249 euro off any of their laptops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pinkstateside

Hi. I signed up to this last week and got my laptop yesterday. The offer is still on.

Happy days, thats a xmas present sorted>>>>>>>>> 1 down, 300 to go.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Anyone know why this thread is in Mobiles & PDAs ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

long_b wrote: »
    Anyone know why this thread is in Mobiles & PDAs ?
    Was wondering the same thing when I read the title??

• Advertisement
Advertisement