Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL Traffic Flow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Took me an hour to get from Thomond to Kilmurray on Monday evening. Crazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

What exactly do you want whom to do? I don't mean to throw it back in your face, but I'd be interested to hear what you think could be done by the University? Limerick County Council? to alleviate the problem. Imho, two exits + lots and lots of cars = bottleneck, no matter what way you look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

What exactly do you want whom to do? I don't mean to throw it back in your face, but I'd be interested to hear what you think could be done by the University? Limerick County Council? to alleviate the problem. Imho, two exits + lots and lots of cars = bottleneck, no matter what way you look at it.

It's the traffic lights at the main entrance causing the backup imo. Maybe the light sequence could be changed during the busy times. I was stuck for half an hour in it yesterday at 6pm.
    Traffic all the way from the foundation building car park (and further back), to the lights. Once I got past the lights there was practically no traffic. There is something not right if all the traffic gets stuck at red lights in UL but only a few cars passing on the main road have a green light 75% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

If the buses weren't packed like cattle wagons then maybe more people would use them. double dec buses for the university-city centre route, or even one of those bendy buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

There is some quality banter going around on the opinions list in UL about it lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Or maybe a new extrance/exit into UL? Going from somewere like the boathouse and connecting up beside Aldi?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

john_cappa wrote: »
    There is some quality banter going around on the opinions list in UL about it lol
    Have all students got access to opinions now. I know I have, but students never had it before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

ninty9er wrote: »
    Have all students got access to opinions now. I know I have, but students never had it before?

I was refering to the banter between staff (well not banter it was more infighting and childish in nature)

I dont think any undergraduate students have access to opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

if it continues, i dont think they'lll be able to ignore the former ideas about an exit/entrance on the clare side of UL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

whitey21 wrote: »
    if it continues, i dont think they'lll be able to ignore the former ideas about an exit/entrance on the clare side of UL

You don't think who will be able to ignore it. Because County Councils are expert at ignoring issues, and even more expert at ignoring infrastructure on borders with other counties. It's not for UL to decide whether there is a vehicular entrance on the Clare side, and I can't see too many residents liking the idea either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ninty I can't believe you don't understand who 'they' are :p

They = A collective, a body who are often called upon by people to take action or come up with solutions. 'They' often are cursed at and can at times appear fictional in nature.

e.g. They have to do something with the traffic, tis gone disgraceful Ma

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

john_cappa wrote: »

It will be the same four or five people all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

ninty9er wrote: »
    You don't think who will be able to ignore it. Because County Councils are expert at ignoring issues, and even more expert at ignoring infrastructure on borders with other counties. It's not for UL to decide whether there is a vehicular entrance on the Clare side, and I can't see too many residents liking the idea either.

I could of sworn there was a local TD from clare was lookin for an entrance into UL from that side(supported by other "locals", and the college and limerick council didnt want to know) But after much googling i didnt find anything:confused:
    Oh well:o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Solution: get a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭bob the bob

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ultraffic/index.html

The petition

Please do something about the Traffic Flow in University of Limerick, in particular during Term Time.

Thank you.

That is the weakest, most non-specific petition I have ever seen.
    Jesus, put some effort in.
    Conduct studies and surveys, explain what the problem is, suggest improvements, find out who is responsible and address it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Is the road from Larkins Cross in Co. Clare to the Northside (via Lame Duck) not navigable by car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Mrmoe wrote: »
    Solution: get a bike.

That's not always possible. What if you live somewhere that's too far to cycle and there's no bus route? What if you have three kids; how are you going to bring them home on your bike? What if you'd just rather not cycle in the rain and spend your whole day soaking wet?

Advertisement