Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRESHERS WEEK

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Smurph90

cant wait for the Full moon party

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

probably the last one and the full moon thing sounds good! my budget dont hold up to any more than that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Il be at that circus thing anyway, oh yessir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 TheGentleman

Oooh... Full Moon party looks slick.

As does the red carpet party.

And the circus freak one.

And the fresher's ball.

This... this one's kinda hard to pick... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 BayCity

Full Moon Party & Freshers Ball are lookin pretty fly:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

ooh wow I wanna go to everything! Well except for the headphone disco, they're always kinda lame...but I'll probably go anyway cos its the first thing!!
    Are you allowed bring non DIT people to these things does anyone know? Cos I don't know anyone else in DIT!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

phic wrote: »
    ooh wow I wanna go to everything! Well except for the headphone disco, they're always kinda lame...but I'll probably go anyway cos its the first thing!!

I was at it during electric picnic last weekend and thought it was one of the best things ever. Everyone dancing, singing along and telling each other to switch channels to listen to another tune! Great fun, and one of the Dutch DJ's was hilarious.
    Are you allowed bring non DIT people to these things does anyone know? Cos I don't know anyone else in DIT!

Part of the reason for it is that you go with your new classmates. Segregating yourself isn't doing yourself any favours and looses the point of freshers week!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

I was at it during electric picnic last weekend and thought it was one of the best things ever. Everyone dancing, singing along and telling each other to switch channels to listen to another tune! Great fun, and one of the Dutch DJ's was hilarious.

Part of the reason for it is that you go with your new classmates. Segregating yourself isn't doing yourself any favours and looses the point of freshers week!

hmm well I've been to two headphone discos, and didn't think either of them were great, but then I really didn't like the music they played!

does everyone going together actually happen at freshers week though? cos i was just at the ucd freshers ball, and everyone just brought their school friends(hence why i was there), and noone really mixed!
    if dit isn't like that, awesome! I'd much prefer if everyone went and met new people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Trance

It says tickets are bein' sold from the SU shops? I presume that means that us not smelly first years are able to buy them too, doesn't it? I'm not missin' ****-a-fresher week so we better be able to!

The only night where (if you wanna go) you'll forced to go out with people from college is the freshers ball. Only freshers who open the bank account get the tickets.. none of your mates from school will be able to get any.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 CampbellSeanVP

Oooh... Full Moon party looks slick.

As does the red carpet party.

And the circus freak one.

And the fresher's ball.

This... this one's kinda hard to pick... :P

Hi Guys

I am Sean Campbell and as some of you know I am the VP for Services and Trading. As part of my job is to work on events and have a look at the website for info as "the gentleman" posted its hard to pick one good nite out or two nites out so what we have planned is to allow 200 tickets for the week for at the exclusive price of €10 for all entry, to all gigs bar the the freshers ball. Its first come first served so they will be on sale on Monday morning in all of the DITSU offices across all of the main sites.

Freshers week is going to eeeeepic!!!! really! So get in and do it on the cheap!

To get a ticket for the freshers ball ie WOW (Weeks of Welcome) ball you need to sign up to an Ulster bank account so bring in ID and a proof of address ie a letter with your name and address on it!!! 1600 tickets for the ball will fly out the door so please please get an account and you will be sorted. We cant let people in without an ID ( government ) a student ID is no good as the door staff wont let it happen!!!

And just incase you think we forgot about the rest of ye we have an exclusive 2nd 3rd and 4 year nite in Krystle nite club for DIT students on the WED 30th of sept. More to follow people on that one.

Talk to ye soon.

--
    Sean Campbell.
    Vice President,
    DIT Students' Union,
    Bolton Street,
    Dublin 1.

Ph: 01 402 2944
    Mob: 086 603 1076
    Email: vpservices@ditsu.ie

• Advertisement

Sean if my lab coat accidentally gets completely covered in paint at the Full Moon Party, will the SU gimme a grant to buy a new one? I'm too poor to buy a new one myself. :)

... and come back to Kevin Street you traitor.

Trance wrote: »
    Sean if my lab coat accidentally gets completely covered in paint at the Full Moon Party, will the SU gimme a grant to buy a new one? I'm too poor to buy a new one myself. :)

... and come back to Kevin Street you traitor.

Ha!!! I will always have kevin st in my heart but now I have to look after all the campus so I love them all !!! As of the paint for the full moon paint party it will be washable paint so all you need is a washing machine and not a grand my friend!

Please wear old cloths anyways to be sure to be sure!!! + check out the farmers market thread....let me know what ye think...please!:confused:

--
    Sean Campbell.
    Vice President,
    DIT Students' Union,
    Bolton Street,
    Dublin 1.

Haha I said a GRANT for a new lab coat not a GRAND! I HOPE the SU haven't put the lab coat prices up that much. That's how yous can suddenly afford all these nights out for the first week this year is it? Makin' all the money back with these new expensive lab coats. Not surprised anyway.. I wouldn't expect any less from a Kevin Street traitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 hellother

Circus and Full moon!!!

Oh and just checked out Fred there....they are pretty awesome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

What time does the DITSU Office in Cathal Brugha St open on Monday wana get myself one of the limited tickets:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Hi Guys

And just incase you think we forgot about the rest of ye we have an exclusive 2nd 3rd and 4 year nite in Krystle nite club for DIT students on the WED 30th of sept. More to follow people on that one.

Talk to ye soon.

If we are in an older year and still fancied attending the silent disco would we be allowed to do so?

Voltwad wrote: »
    If we are in an older year and still fancied attending the silent disco would we be allowed to do so?

Hi guys

Of course, we want everyone in DIT to come along, its your DITSU event, its your Union, we do these events for you so come along and have fun.

Sean Campbell.
    Vice President,
    DIT Students' Union,
    Bolton Street,
    Dublin 1.

www.ditsu.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭MikeyCyrus

what happens to us of 17 years young? :D

you've a bit of notice to find some sort of id :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

MikeyCyrus wrote: »
    what happens to us of 17 years young? :D

TK and biscuits will be supplied.

• Advertisement

oh i can get id yep, but the bank account part, what happens there? :P

Haha, you don't need the bank statement to the events, they wont be bothered askind ID off you for getting the bank account opened

aaah the good auld TK and a pack of tayto yum yum yum, but to be honest folks ye need to be over 18 to get into the gigs its not me its the law!!! sorry guys BUT.....but there are loads of day events on also and no the lab coats wont be going up in price to pay for gigs thats how rumours start...tut!

Check out new thread on
    Insomnia Coffee

Sean Campbell.
    Vice President,
    DIT Students' Union,
    Bolton Street,
    Dublin 1.

www.ditsu.ie

aaah the good auld TK and a pack of tayto yum yum yum, but to be honest folks ye need to be over 18 to get into the gigs its not me its the law!!! sorry guys BUT.....but there are loads of day events on also and no the lab coats wont be going up in price to pay for gigs thats how rumours start...tut!

Check out new thread on
    Insomnia Coffee

Sean Campbell.
    Vice President,
    DIT Students' Union,
    Bolton Street,
    Dublin 1.

www.ditsu.ie

aw thats a worse let down than santa :(...

hey man,

Give me a break I can only do so much on this, I have tried my best for students and its the alco is being sold so I cant change the law, well I know a man....but?

anyway sorry folks thats the law but its going to be epic!!!! so get your tickets early. There are day events on that you will all like trust me its surprise!

Sean Campbell.
    Vice President,
    DIT Students' Union,
    Bolton Street,
    Dublin 1.

www.ditsu.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joeybloggs

Yeh I was there for a good two half hours on the Sunday, twas great craic throughout.'And de craze dutch guys, we hav not slepped fore tree days you crazy irish"

I think it's a good deal for a fiver...

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Electric Bloom

I'm in the same boat, don't know anybody starting in my year :confused:

I'm in the same boat, don't know anybody starting in my year :confused:

Ahh most of us are including me... sure freshers week was made for this so lets just go and have fun :D

MikeyCyrus wrote: »
    Ahh most of us are including me... sure freshers week was made for this so lets just go and have fun :D
    That's the way to look at it! Just go along and make the most of it! Might be an idea to have a pre-beer somewhere with boardsies to make sure people don't go in alone and scared!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Haha, pre-beer buzz....sounds like a plan...

Advertisement