Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRESHERS WEEK

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭MikeyCyrus

Voltwad wrote: »
    That's the way to look at it! Just go along and make the most of it! Might be an idea to have a pre-beer somewhere with boardsies to make sure people don't go in alone and scared!

A way with words my friend :D beer before, beer during... it'll be a great night with no awkwardness :p sure ill probly be stripped of all clothes by the end of the night :L

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Beers before indeed :) Cans in the Green anyone? XD

Beers before indeed :) Cans in the Green anyone? XD

cheap alternitive :L

there'll more than likely be drink promos on the night so I dont mind splashing on a pint or two somewhere, maybe Shine? right in between Kevin and Aungier st.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Which of the DIT schools the rest of yer courses in? If the people I'm living with aren't total buzzkills any Boardies are welcome to pre-drink at mine:p

• Advertisement

I'm in Aungier st, the place to be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

That's the way to look at it! Just go along and make the most of it! Might be an idea to have a pre-beer somewhere with boardsies to make sure people don't go in alone and scared!

Excellent idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Full of ideas is Glenn. :]

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

woo for not being the only one starting on my own! DIT is more like that though I suppose, smaller classes and all that! UCD, everyone just knows everyone already, which I'm already starting to see the downsides off with friends of mine!
    So yeah definitly should have a boardsies pre-sesh! by the time freshers ball comes round in week two, everyone will know each other anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

my debs is on the 21st so i cant make the silent disco or the red carpet party but i will be out for the freak show, maybe the full moon party and i will be at the ball. college is getting off to a good start.

can we get tickets to the ball without opening an account with ulster bank? i already have an account and i dont want to change.

• Advertisement

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    my debs is on the 21st so i cant make the silent disco or the red carpet party but i will be out for the freak show, maybe the full moon party and i will be at the ball. college is getting off to a good start.

can we get tickets to the ball without opening an account with ulster bank? i already have an account and i dont want to change.
    Just open the thing and don't use it. You don't have to do anything with it to get your ticket.

As far as the pre-beers go it seems it's full systems go then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Electric Bloom

Haha, pre-beer buzz....sounds like a plan...

I agree, defo up for pre-drinks !

I'm in Aungier st, the place to be smile.gif

Its only the place to be cause i'm going there :P haha

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

_sparkie_ wrote: »

I registered for the free ticket last year even though I had an Ulster Bank account already. I said it to the bloke and his words were
    "You get the free ticket I get my job done your account won't get touched"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Shane M

Red carpet and Full moon parties....:D:D:D:D:D:cool:

Which of the DIT schools the rest of yer courses in? If the people I'm living with aren't total buzzkills any Boardies are welcome to pre-drink at mine:p

Camo shorts partyyyy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭FeistyOneYouAre

Hold on...ya have to set up an Ulster Bank account to get freshers ball tickets?! So I cant go because I'm banking with AIB?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Coco_16

yeah ..dis confused me a tinch ..when do we open it ? by monday or on monday!?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You can just buy them like regular people. That's just a promotion by ulster bank afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

Can any students go?If your not from dit will you get filthies thrown at ya?lol

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

Coco_16 wrote: »
    yeah ..dis confused me a tinch ..when do we open it ? by monday or on monday!?

I'd say there'll be account opening desks all over each of the open days. You'll be in no doubt as to how you open one by 11am. Pestered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 CampbellSeanVP

TriceMarie wrote: »
    Can any students go?If your not from dit will you get filthies thrown at ya?lol

Hi Guys and Gals,

Right lets straighten this out, you can sign up to an ulster bank account, with a Garda ID or Passport, and a proof of address. Thats all you need to get a free Ulster Bank account and that's how to get your free Ulster bank Freshers Ball Ticket for Tuesday the 29th of sept!!!

Ulster Bank are our main sponsor and that's how we can put on the gigs for ye all and keep them cheap, anyway the craic is when your a DIT student you can get the Ulster Bank deal its designed for DIT students to go out and have fun together, so that you meet new friends etc or class mates.

The other thing is the ulster bank lads will be around the sites in green tshirts so follow them and sign up asap as the tickets and accounts flew out the door last year by Tuesday evening, so if you have an Ulster Bank account tell them and give them your name and details, they might require you to sign up to a new account as thats how the offer works.

Anyway there will be tickets on sale on Monday morning in the DITSU offices not the shops but the offices for the keen price of €10 for the first 200 tickets for the week!!!! so get in and get your tickets for the freshers week of fun fun fun. Its going to be great!!!! But again get them asap as they are going to sell out asap...you have been warned.....

Chat ye soon.

--
    Sean Campbell.
    Vice President,
    DIT Students' Union,
    Bolton Street,
    Dublin 1.

Ph: 01 402 2944
    Mob: 086 603 1076
    Email: vpservices@ditsu.ie

www.ditsu.ie
    DIT Students' Union - supporting student life

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Hi Guys and Gals,

Right lets straighten this out, you can sign up to an ulster bank account, with a Garda ID or Passport, and a proof of address. Thats all you need to get a free Ulster Bank account and that's how to get your free Ulster bank Freshers Ball Ticket for Tuesday the 29th of sept!!!

Ulster Bank are our main sponsor and that's how we can put on the gigs for ye all and keep them cheap, anyway the craic is when your a DIT student you can get the Ulster Bank deal its designed for DIT students to go out and have fun together, so that you meet new friends etc or class mates.

The other thing is the ulster bank lads will be around the sites in green tshirts so follow them and sign up asap as the tickets and accounts flew out the door last year by Tuesday evening, so if you have an Ulster Bank account tell them and give them your name and details, they might require you to sign up to a new account as thats how the offer works.

Anyway there will be tickets on sale on Monday morning in the DITSU offices not the shops but the offices for the keen price of €10 for the first 200 tickets for the week!!!! so get in and get your tickets for the freshers week of fun fun fun. Its going to be great!!!! But again get them asap as they are going to sell out asap...you have been warned.....

Chat ye soon.

--
    Sean Campbell.
    Vice President,
    DIT Students' Union,
    Bolton Street,
    Dublin 1.

www.ditsu.ie

Ok sorry if this makes your head explode with frustration, but the ulster bank thing only applies to the freshers ball yes?
    People who aren't in DIT can go to the other nights? I appreciate the point of it is to meet new people, and by the second week, I'm sure I'll kinda know some people to go to freshers ball with, but I'd really prefer not to go by myself to the first few things!

Also, are any details on the daytime freshers events available yet? Can't find them on the SU website!
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Nuravictus

Looking for a floor to sleep on :P I will try go out from Monday > Thursday

Help a Brother out

Nuravictus wrote: »
    Looking for a floor to sleep on :P I will try go out from Monday > Thursday

Help a Brother out
    +1 :)

+1 :)

I really am looking for a floor to sleep on :P Taxi's to were I live will cost me 30 euro which will murder my drink money.

Try 60 from Town to Blessington :(

Try 60 from Town to Blessington :(

Need More floor space then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 38 CampbellSeanVP

phic wrote: »
    Ok sorry if this makes your head explode with frustration, but the ulster bank thing only applies to the freshers ball yes?
    People who aren't in DIT can go to the other nights? I appreciate the point of it is to meet new people, and by the second week, I'm sure I'll kinda know some people to go to freshers ball with, but I'd really prefer not to go by myself to the first few things!

Also, are any details on the daytime freshers events available yet? Can't find them on the SU website!
    Thanks!

Hi phic,

The story with the day events are that there are day events on for the week but they havent been 100% confirmed re insurance so we didnt want to put them on the web with out making sure they are on for sure, but there will me music...hint hint so the other events are NOT music....exciting eh? well it should be cos its going to be alot of fun.

As of you bringyour mates then thats fine we want to to have a great freshers week and we want to all to have fun at the start of the year!!!!
    So bring a friend or two or four or what ever but come along and have fun!!!!

Well the ulster bank will be signing up on induction week so its going to me mostly freshers that get the ticketsfor the ball, it is the freshers ball after all.

Hope that clears a few things up dont worry will be flooting on the net over the weekend so hit me back just for the chat,

--
    Sean Campbell.
    Vice President,
    DIT Students' Union,
    Bolton Street,
    Dublin 1.

www.ditsu.ie

Nuravictus wrote: »
    Need More floor space then :P

im sure theres a nice bloke out there that will let us all kip at thiers :L just have to turn on abit charm on the first night :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

What if your a fresher and already have an ulster bank student account?

Advertisement