Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another foundation query...

• 08-09-2009 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

I’m treating myself to new foundation today. Feeling sorry for myself and having a bad face day. Does anyone else find that by the end of a bottle of foundation your skin just doesn’t take it very well? It might be a bit strange but I find that it happens to me. I have dry skin that can be quite sensitive. Don’t need a huge amount of coverage spot wise but I don’t like my skin tone. It’s kind of translucent but not in a clear perfect skin way…it’s kind of like the tone lacks warmth or something. Does that make sense? My friend uses and has recommended the Elizabeth Arden compact as she says you can wear it lightly and build it up for a night out or a bad skin day. I think I’ll try it. Need something with a creamy texture as I’m sick of that dry flaky look that can happen!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I bought the Elizabeth Arden compact and to be honest stopped using it. I have dry pale skin and found it quite drying, patchy and quite orange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

bobbi brown porcelain shades, in pan stick or creamy compact. i love them.

op use blush and shading colours like coastal scents cheek palette. i'm really pale like you have have found this set a great help to bring warmth to my face. you can get it online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

claralara wrote: »
    ? My friend uses and has recommended the Elizabeth Arden compact as she says you can wear it lightly and build it up for a night out or a bad skin day. I think I’ll try it. Need something with a creamy texture as I’m sick of that dry flaky look that can happen!

DO NOT USE ELIZABETH ARDEN!

I used to use it all the time cos it gave great coverage and lasted for ages BUT the downside of it is that it completely COVERS your face, which doesn't allow it to breath which can result in your skin gettings spots and getting dry. I stopped using it when I discovered Maxfactor Miracle Touch. It's a little pot and costs approx €18 but it is absolutely beautiful. It's creamy, but when you put it on, it feels like you have nothing on your face but you do! It gives great coverage and it blends in to adapt your natural skin tone, so it's not orange!

I use Warm Almond for day time and then Natural for going out. Guaranteed you'll love it! And best part about it is, if you feel you need to patch yourself up in the day, you can just put more on your face, and it won't smudge, nor will you need to remove the foundation you've on already, just put it on all over again or in little spots. Absolutely FANTASTIC foundation.

And I should mention, it never gives me spots, in fact once when I ran out of Maxfactor, I only had my Arden compact in the house, so I used that, next day, 4 new pimples on my face :(

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mazken

DO NOT USE ELIZABETH ARDEN!

Totally agree about Elizabeth Arden - Used to wear it myself around 6 years ago and my face was like an oil slick after - yuck! I use liquid foundation myself, started using Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk and set it with translucent powder - it's lucious on your face! Bit pricey though so will have to justify forking out again for it!! Have you tried mineral make up - "Bare Essentials" is powder based and although I haven't tried it, my friend swears by it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What did you end up buying?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Elli-May

highly recommend make up forever's face and body foundation

Advertisement