Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

rylie wrote: »
    We told our 2 year old that he's getting a new brother or sister, cue lots of kisses and shouting hello into my belly! Oh so cute!

I asked him a couple of hours later what was in mammy's belly and he said 2 babies. Oh how we laughed, until my scan last friday...guess who was right??!!

You have a little psychic on your hands!

Congratulations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

i came home from work last night...my boy ran up to me gave me a big hug and said 'I missed you mum'....he got the biggest snuggles EVER :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

My son who is almost 3 told me this morning that "baby borne" is teething and tried to give her his dodo!!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

"Dad, can I get a bar?"

Me - Did you eat all your dinner?

"I ate as much as I could because I'm not hungry really. So can I get a bar?"

All you can do is smile :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

my 6yr old son was told he was 'banned' from the computer this morning, we went out and left him with his grandparents, only to find him on the computer when we got home at 12.30pm. When I asked why he was on the computer, my mum, holding back laughter, told me he had come to her at 12.05pm and asked if he could use the computer now as it was afternoon and he was only banned for the morning.... what could I say:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Craven99

Recently my 6 year son was getting ready for bed and changed into his PJ's. He was going to throw his track suit bottoms into the wash but they looked spotless to me so I said:

Don't put your track suit bottoms in the wash if they are not dirty.

His answer to me:

But da - I farted in them

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

EnterNow wrote: »
    "Dad, can I get a bar?"

Me - Did you eat all your dinner?

"I ate as much as I could because I'm not hungry really. So can I get a bar?"

All you can do is smile :rolleyes:

My lad's latest line for that situation is "Only the bottom of my belly is full". Apparently there is always room at the top of his belly reserved for dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

About six months ago, my husband took our four year old to do the weekly grocery shop at our local Supervalu.

When they reached the checkouts my husband said "I bet I have forgotten something.....I'll probably remember it when we get home".

Our child replies at the top of their voice " I know, I know what's missing...... you forgot mammy's diapers (my child's name for tampons/pantyliners). The other customers were in stitches laughing but my husband has just about recovered from the embarrassment six months later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

this morning while tidying up, i heard my just 2 year old saying "sorry, bye" over and over, wondering what she was after doing i walked over to see her grabbing each cheerio and apologising to each one before eating it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

My 3 year old took his bag of letters (from his new scrabble game) to bed and I heard him sneakily switching on the light and reading all the letters out loud. When he got up later in the night to go to the toilet, he insisted on holding the bag and wouldn't let it go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

My husband was telling Cillian (5) to be careful around hot things so he wont get burned. To which Cillian asked;
    'But Daddy, what about hot girls?'

Thank you Alvin and the Chipmunks! :eek::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

paperclip2 wrote: »
    My husband was telling Cillian (5) to be careful around hot things so he wont get burned. To which Cillian asked;
    'But Daddy, what about hot girls?'

Thank you Alvin and the Chipmunks! :eek::rolleyes:

If we're following the same logic, I'd say ESPECIALLY around hot girls :P

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

My 10 year old came home from summer camp yesterday, telling me another boy had forgot to bring his packed lunch so my son gave him some of his.
    Bearing in mind he had the usual boring sandwiches, yogurt, fruit, cheese and a bun as a treat, when he told me he gave him his bun, warmed my heart so it did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rain Over Me II

My children did a dirty protest in the garage, when I locked them in accidentally :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

My little girl got her first tooth today. Couldn't stop smiling when I felt it, ridiculous really!
    Felt as proud of her as if she'd just made world peace happen!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

During bath time last night, my six year old yelled "get me the towel mommy, my eyeballs are drowning", I nearly wet myself laughing:D:D

My son was watching himself on youtube his is now almost 3, said "that's me mammy, I'm so funny!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdfREcYKg7U

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

cofy wrote: »
    My son was watching himself on youtube his is now almost 3, said "that's me mammy, I'm so funny!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdfREcYKg7U

He should be in that laughing baby ad on tv. :D

What a cutie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

My 5 year-old and his friend talking in the car...

Her: I know how to make strawberry cake.
    Him: How?
    Her: You get strawberries, wash them, and put them on the cake!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

My two eldest lads 9 and 7 were in their room playing with match attax cards and I overheard a conversation that went like this:

9yo: this is John terry. Him and Wayne Bridges had a fight last year cos John Terry kissed Wayne Bridges wife.
    7yo: Really?
    9yo: Yeah and when they had to play each other they were supposed to shake hands but john terry tried and wayne bridges just took his hand away!
    7yo: Well if he kissed my wife I would have punched him....

pmsl!!

Then got myself a smartphone and was showing the kids the gps thing and said 'look at this it shows you where I am' they were amazed because when we were out the front you could see the the arrow pointing to the front garden and when we were out the back they could see the arrow pointing out the back garden.

'thats amazing mammy! When you go out you should leave the phone here so we can see where you are!'

pmsl again!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 13,978 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

"Yeah, and I have a big willy"

- My not yet 3 year old, when I told him it was ok he could go on the little fold away portable potty thing, because he only has a little bum.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

My 5 year old turned around and said 5 times 4 is 20. He's not been taught multiplication yet, he just figured it out from playing computer games (a Smurfs farmville style game) where he had to work out costs for building things. He can tell you what a thousand thousands is but couldn't tell you what 2 times 3 is. It amuses me greatly.

When it rains my son says sky is pee peeing. He is just after telling me "sky is poo poo". We are just after getting a shower of hailstones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Not my kids, my cousins kids, I was babysitting them :)

Their parents came by tonight to pick them up and the youngest started crying and didn't want to leave bless him <3

Was my first time babysitting, pleased it went well :D

Oh and they both told my mother "XXX (me! :D) is the boss"!:D:D:D

20048442yu.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

I've stopped breastfeeding recently and of course, my bosom went from huge to barely there. My 3 years old comes in the bathroom just as I am putting on my tee shirt and exclaims at the top of her voice "oh look mummy, your booboos are gone!" Sweet little angel :P

But it doesn't beat yesterday when waiting with her in a very public place, she pulled up my skirt and cried "you don't have pants!". Of course I did, but how do you prove it??? :o

Nanazolie wrote: »
    I've stopped breastfeeding recently and of course, my bosom went from huge to barely there. My 3 years old comes in the bathroom just as I am putting on my tee shirt and exclaims at the top of her voice "oh look mummy, your booboos are gone!" Sweet little angel :P

But it doesn't beat yesterday when waiting with her in a very public place, she pulled up my skirt and cried "you don't have pants!". Of course I did, but how do you prove it??? :o

Recently I was holding my 9month old niece and I was wearing a v-neck top. She pulled out my top to look down and as I am not as well endowed as my sister she was very puzzled. Anyway my son walked over to her and said "stop that - she's MY mammy - stop that now".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Cillian (5) in rant mode:
    'Thats right Mammy, everything's always perfect in your world!'

Complete with pout, folded arms and crossed legs. He was so cute I couldn't help laughing which didn't help the peace negotiations. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Dublin141

I discovered quite a few surfaces of the house had been kissed by someone wearing lipstick. My powers of deduction led to the four year old with a tube of red lipstick in her hand (and leftover lipstick on her teeth).

Me, exasperated. "Why on earth did you kiss the walls?"

Her, hiding the lipstick behind her back. "No, I didn't do it."

Me: "Hon, I know it was you."

Her, eyes widening. "Did you see me with your magic eyes, Mammy?"

Why yes, yes I did. Now she thinks I see everything, all of the time. *Evil laugh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I just remembered what my 4yo cousin said to my mum when I was talking to the 6yo who was having a tantrum.

Mam: Would you like some porridge?
    4yo: Yes I'll have porridge, I want to stay in the good books.:D

Gotta love 'em!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

We were reading the magic porridge pot book tonight and were talking about how it would be if it happened in our house. So I asked how long it would take for the porridge to get to the playground '19 mins' says the 4.5 yr old 'and you would need porridge mode for the car instead of winter mode'

smart kid that one -still can't figure out how to put his toys back after he gets them out tho ;-)

Advertisement